While "this ain't the Marriott" is definitely accurate, here are some positives to consider:
- the price is right (about $100+ish per nght)
- it is clean (the sheets were white and clean, the towels were white and clean - though small)
- the people at the front desk are friendly
- there is a vending machine with snacks and soft drinks on property
- there is a gas station next door in case the vending machine runs out of things (diet coke, in my case)
- the parking is easy and safe
-there are 2 good restaurants next door: C&O Cucina for Italian food, and Thai East Wind for Thai food, both within a block and surprisingly good
- the TV had good reception
- the breakfast is nice, as is the woman running it
- there is a computer and printer in the lobby area
Overall, this is a great place for people needing a bed for the night; it is not a hotel to hang out in or be Wow'd by. It is simple, clean. Many international travelers (overheard 3 different languages at breakfast, and got to practice my French).
Room 314 overlooks a nice street and is quiet.
One easy fix for the hotel that would make it much better for me and likely others: please clean the windows inside and out and the screens! :-)
If you are looking for a clean, safe spot where you can save money then this is a-ok 3 star.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Jolly Roger Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Jolly Roger