“Great place though a bit pricey for "burgers"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 133 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
“Great place though a bit pricey for "burgers"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

Amazing amount of variety in dressing your burger and some great flavors, particularly if you are sick of the traditional same ol' same ol'. Lots of creative choices. Nice atmosphere and a fun, casual place to grab a bite. One of my favorites in MDR.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Seattle, WA
“Yum!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

So many choices, so little time. The sweet potato fries were excellent, and the burger was delicious.

Visited October 2011
Manhattan Beach, California
“Gosh - I really enjoy the Counter! GREAT burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

This is the place to REALLY get your burger made the way you want it! I've been several times and it's always busy but the staff has always been attentive without being annoying. The atmosphere is fun and not the place to go if you want a 'quiet' evening but if you want that you can order your burger TO GO.

The sauvignon blancs I have ordered have always been good for the price. The sweet potato fries are PERFECT. I love them. Crispy and lightly salty on the outside and sweet on the inside. I like rare burgers and this place can really make it rare the way I like it because they use good beef. They have about every topping you can think of and plenty you'd never have thought of that are delightful. Experiment!!

• Visited November 2010
Laguna Hills, California
“it's all about the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

I hosted a small group on a rainy night so there was no wait - the meat was sensational - you get beef that is bone free and creamy smooth - and you add toppings from a list of multiple toppings. I had a 2/3 lb burger with toppings of feta cheese, fried egg, black olives, grilled pineapple, fried onions, tomato, on a bun which came toaster, and it was immaculate. The quality is what it is all about. Washed down with a Stella Artois beer (they have several draft beers and wines). The fries come in a huge basket for sharing - regular or sweet potato, or cheese fries.
I can recommend this place for a high quality fun meal in a really casual atmosphere. However, the lines can be long because it is popular. But quality is worth it. Don't go for privacy or ambiance because it isn't there - this is all about the food.

• Visited January 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
marina del rey
“HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! BAD WAITERS...ESPECIALLY THE WHITE, DARK HAIRED DUDE WHO WORKS AT THE BAR.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

I will never go back to The Counter ever again after a horrible experience when I stopped by there a few weeks ago to get a burger. First of all, I had to walk up to the bar to place my order, since a waiter/waitress never came to my table to take my order after waiting for quite a while. Then the guy who took my order, and who apparently was also a bartender, forgot all about my order after that! I was asked to sit at a table and wait and they'll bring it over to me.....Well....after about 20 minutes, I noticed two other guests came in after me had placed their order and received their burgers before I did. What made it worse was that I noticed that there was a brown bag on the counter behind the bar that was sitting there for at least 10 minutes. It later dawned on me that it may be my burger in it, and if so, no one bothered to bring it over to me!!!! After being patient and waiting almost 45 minutes, I was able to waive down a waitress, who later called the manager. When I explained what happened, she checked to see if the burger in the bag on the counter was mine, and wouldn't you know, it sure was!!! She apologized and said that she'd heat up the burger and give me new fries. After waiting another 10 minutes, I finally get the burger and head home. After I got comfortable and ready to dig into this great burger that I anticipated, I opened up the bag, and to my dismay, I find that they replaced the fries with the wrong kind of fries!!! $17.00 is what I paid for the burger and fries, and after that experience, McDonald's will top The Counter any day!!! Definitely a waste of money and 1 hour of waite time for bad service, a dried burger and wrong fries!!!! I wish The Red Robbin was there instead of The Counter!!!