“Great Mexican food at a nice price”
Review of El Torito

El Torito
Ranked #37 of 135 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orangeville, Canada
“Great Mexican food at a nice price”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Fast friendly service and fresh authentic Mexican that I just love.

Visited November 2011

Los Angeles
“Great location, mediocre food”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I love the view of the Marina from the large windows at this restuarant. You can see water, boats, exotic birds and the ocasional seal. Also the sunset of course. The margaritas are great and we all liked the chips and salsa. The food is another matter and the night we went, our server was very spaced out and brought us the wrong thing a couple of times, but I woudn't judge all the servers from this one. I ordered the sizzling combo which was not sizzling at all. The shrimp, which was the tastiest item on the plate, were not hot and barely warm. The steak taco (while warm) were tiny squares of meat and not too many of them, but they were fatty and not tasty. The chicken enchilada was Ok but not great and also not that hot. My daughter had a tamale which was just OK and my husband's meal was also mediocre. We tried the fried icecream for dessert and it was fine. Get your parking validated and it is free and plentiful. Usually this place is packed on the weekends, so if you don't want crowds go during the weak. Again, it is a lovely place for chips, salsa and drinks, but don't have any expectations about the food.

• Visited February 2012
los angeles
“A favorite watering hole...”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

... and the food is excellent, too. I visit often, alone at the bar, or with friends or family in the dining room It has a great marina view of the main channel and H basin. I avoid it on weedends or for happy hour when it tends to be too crowded.

• Visited November 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“I'd go back.....”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

If I was in the area and wanted a Inexpensive lunch without a crowd. The food was average. I had the street tacos which were ok. My wife had the grilled shrimp fajitas, which were average as well.

The view overlooking the harbor is nice and provides some entertainment throughout your meal.

We had an extra long layover at LAX and opted to grab a cab to find lunch. 10-15 mins from the airport. Should cost around $20 each way in cab fare.

seattle
“Great Tex-Mex on the Marina with great water view.”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I was taken to El Torito by a friend who lives in the Los Angeles area. The food was great, the service was great, the view was awesome as our table was right above the water and next to the window. The place was packed and obviously very well liked by locals and travelers. One of the things I noticed was the patience of the servers. We sat there over 3 hours talking, and we weren't rushed by the staff to leave since we were no longer ordering more food. That's rare these days. The server was tipped well for 'leaving us alone.' I will definitely be back. It's nice when eating out while traveling for a place to make a permanent impression on you and want to go back. Now as soon as I think of travel to LA, the next thing I think, is YUM, I get to eat at El Torito too.

• Visited November 2010