“Delicious breakfast and friendly service”

Ticos Breakfast & Lunch
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Marina
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were staying in Marina for a few days and ended up going to Tico's twice for breakfast because it was so great.

The menu has lots of options plus there are several daily specials. The chef absolutely knows what he is doing, everything freshly made with care and beautifully presented. The eggs benedict were just as good as the reviews and the pancakes were lovely too. Plus strong coffee and excellent orange juice.

The service was friendly and there was good music playing in the background. Very convenient location with parking right outside. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Recently visited my sister in Marina and she brought us to Tico's: I was very impressed! Accustomed to "fancy" brunch in large cities - and a huge brunch fan - I was under the impression this would be a local diner-esque experience. I was somewhat shocked, however, to find such intriguing dishes as mango pancakes, Bananas Foster French Toast and every permutation of seafood-in-eggs dish you could imagine. To be perfectly honest, I've probably had slightly more eloquent dishes at fancier (and more expensive) brunch places but for a small, local venue in a small town this was definitely far above my expectations! And for me, I'd rather be impressed by a local gem than simply satisfied by a fancy, higher-end option in one of the true resort areas of Monterey... Thanks for the great brunch, Ticos!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were traveling down Hwy 1 and looking for breakfast. Just happened on this spot and it was all wonderful. Just a few miles off the hwy. Well worth the stop! Great service and fresh and delicious food. U

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Ticos is back off the street in a strip center. They had a small sign by the driveway off Reservation Road. It is not the easiest place to find. This restaurant was recommended for breakfast by the staff at Sanctuary Beach Resort, and they were correct.
The orange juice was fresh-squeezed and the omelet wonderful. The orange marmalade is superb, but they were sold out of bottles to take home.

1  Thank Michael21tulsa
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We thought it was ok. The fruit was really good and my husband liked there hot sauce. Advice was good. Sat right down.

Been to Ticos Breakfast & Lunch? Share your experiences!