“Small, local and fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Small, local and fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Recently visited my sister in Marina and she brought us to Tico's: I was very impressed! Accustomed to "fancy" brunch in large cities - and a huge brunch fan - I was under the impression this would be a local diner-esque experience. I was somewhat shocked, however, to find such intriguing dishes as mango pancakes, Bananas Foster French Toast and every permutation of seafood-in-eggs dish you could imagine. To be perfectly honest, I've probably had slightly more eloquent dishes at fancier (and more expensive) brunch places but for a small, local venue in a small town this was definitely far above my expectations! And for me, I'd rather be impressed by a local gem than simply satisfied by a fancy, higher-end option in one of the true resort areas of Monterey... Thanks for the great brunch, Ticos!

• Visited April 2012

“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling down Hwy 1 and looking for breakfast. Just happened on this spot and it was all wonderful. Just a few miles off the hwy. Well worth the stop! Great service and fresh and delicious food. U

Conroe, Texas
“Delicious Breakfast - very fresh ingredients"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Ticos is back off the street in a strip center. They had a small sign by the driveway off Reservation Road. It is not the easiest place to find. This restaurant was recommended for breakfast by the staff at Sanctuary Beach Resort, and they were correct.
The orange juice was fresh-squeezed and the omelet wonderful. The orange marmalade is superb, but they were sold out of bottles to take home.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Michael21tulsa
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We thought it was ok. The fruit was really good and my husband liked there hot sauce. Advice was good. Sat right down.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Prunedale, California
“Best Hollandaise Sauce around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Ticos makes the best hollandaise. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, and we usually go for breakfast. They have a great breakfast selection, but since I find few restaurants that either make, or make a 'good' eggs benedict, I always order the same thing.

Some day I will get there at lunch time, as I really want to try their burger with blue cheese.

We usually have breakfast before starting a bike ride down the bike path from Marina towards Monterey. It's a perfect Sat or Sun outing.

• Visited October 2011