“Not what I was expecting.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Korean, Barbecue, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
“Not what I was expecting.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Went to Korean BBQ House for dinner early on a Saturday evening. Meal started off with a tray of small bowls of kimchi, sprouts, etc...not sure if this is standard with every meal or with the type of meals that we ordered. Goal was to try their Korean BBQ and the waitress suggest the sliced BBQ over the BBQ on the bone. She also suggested a fish plate. Was not impressed with either meal - BBQ was not tender (not expecting American style) and the fish was just average. The BBQ was about $20 and definitely not worth the cost. Glad to say that I tried a new restaurant but will not be back.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Don't expect American service in an authentic Korean restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

My husband and I went here for date night on a Wednesday. It wasn't very crowded and all of the other patrons were Korean. There was only one server, and she was busy. She visited our table 4x: to give the menu and get our drink order, to bring the drinks and take our food order, to bring the food, and to bring the check. My husband had chicken and I had a seafood bowl. They were both tasty, although my seafood bowl was a tad bland. Our appetizers were traditional and yummy.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Rochester, New York
“great vacation dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2009

I come to Marina every year fromthe midwest and always go to NAK Won. Having visited Korea I find them helpful and authentic.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hollister
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cmon it is Korean restaurant not a McDonalds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2009

It's amazing how some Americans expect McDonald's in every culture. I have had consistently good meals here. I don't expect the waitress to hold my hand through the menu. I know what the little vegetable dishes are, I wouldn't criticize the restaurant because I didn't know the cuisine.I would wish for better service but I know there is often a language gap when I have true homeland cooking. There is no mexican chef cooking the korean bulgogi here. It's good food in a regular place. If you need instructions on the menu of Korea, study up first or go with a knowledgeable friend.

Ystradgynlais, United Kingdom
“Nak Wrong!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2009

we arrived late in Marina and picked up a leaflet regarding food in the area. As I am vegetarian, I looked for one that catered for veggies. In the leaflet we had, it stated:
"Traditional Korean Cuisine, great service at affordable prices. Outstanding vegetarian dishes and hot pots".
So after reading this, we thought we would give it a go.

The menu was in English but very confusing, with appertisers half way through the menu, vegetable dishes at the beginning (and no idea if these were side dishes or for entrees). When the waitress came over I asked about the vegetarian dishes and she just pointed at the page and shrugged. She had no idea! I asked about a starter and she said I could have the won tons, but after I asked if they had meat in them, she said yes, only a little but you ok with that? I skipped an. appertiser. She then whipped away my plate. So my boyfriends first dish arrived and so did his main meal...I had all the cold vegatable side dishes put in front of me and I was left wondering if I would get my main meal at all after I had no plate.

5 minutes later still no meal, then some white boiled rice arrived but still no main dish. My boyfriend had nearly finished by the time my dish arrived. It was supposed to be seasoned tofu, but it came with no sauce, a if it had been seasoned I couldn't see any evidence of it. It was just a slab of tofu, sliced and shown some heat. It was so mushy it disintegrated when I tried to use my chopsticks on it.

As for outstanding....I would say that the reviewer may need there eyes and tastebuds testing. As for great service....well if you class a pointed finger at items then maybe...as for affordable prices, it was expensive and we were left hungry. If it had been a la carte then I would have understood but it was dire!

1 Thank Birtsters