“So. So”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed for one nite, I droved 8 hrs to get there, ready to relaxe,but early check in. So if you need that find a different hotel. I wasn't upset about that I was upset about how she told me she was very rude, didn't say sorry,she had an attitude like she was to good for the job. Came back in late a like 11pm at nite,new girl she was so nice mad my nite. The room was ok not as nice as I thought it would be for a confort inn. But I sleeped good. Breakfast was a joke. I probley wont stay there again. Best western here I come.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel itself isn't bad - easy to find, clean, comfortable bed. But it's not a place to relax or spend time. We decided on a last minute vacation to Monterey and because of a car show, hotels were unavailable or $350+ a night. So we picked Marina.

Only one real complaint - not enough room for breakfast. I felt like I was leaning over everyone to reach (and leaning over the waffle maker for the eggs) and good luck finding a place to sit.

Over all... fine for a night or two, but I would shell out the extra $$ if I was staying any longer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank soundergal
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Room was great, service was good, location was outstanding. Rooms came with an oversized king bed and refrig. Close to water/beach front. Lots of little restaurants and gas stations near by. Not far from the 101. Short drive to the city. Newer hotel so rooms are nicely updated. Very pleasurable experience all round.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DoctorRabbi
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We randomly selected the Comfort Inn as we wandered around coastal Calif. The front desk staff were very nice. The room is large. My only cons about the room, no outlets to charge electronic devices, no nightstand next to the Queen bed, I had to bring a chair over to use as a nightstand, not all of the lights worked in the room, the air conditioner really worked well but I had trouble adjusting it from arctic zone to heat. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was great.

The complementary breakfast was very nice. All in all, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for a first floor room and our request was granted. The hotel seems very quiet. I didn'...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gneiss1
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel looks very nice from the outside, from first impression it seems nice enough. The reception clerk was not friendly and a bit robotic, but the room was clean and did not smell like smoke like some previous experiences. I left a manila folder on the counter that later on I spend two hours looking for, and the from desk never called me to inform me that they had found it. When I went to ask if they had it, the clerk told me they had it and gave it to me, I asked her if they planned on calling me and she said she never had time to look at the name on it and they don't look thru customers personal things.?? Really. At night the room next door was super loud, and I called to complain and again they did nothing about, I don't know if I would stay here again. The manager was apologetic and nice, I may give them another try.!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sosax88
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is listed as either a 2 or 2.5 star depending on where you look. This place is really a 3 Star. The rooms are clean and large, the staff friendly, and the free breakfast plentiful. The hotel is walking distance (10 min) to the beach) and about 25-30 minute drive to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Well worth the small beautifal coast drive to get into Monterey.
My only issues are--dining area for breakfast not large enough, they tend to start packing up the food 5-10 minutes before the end time, and there are Smoking rooms (which at times can drift into your non-smoking room). Although the room we had didn't smell of cigarettes until the last morning when we were checking out when someone was in a nearby room smoking.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I am reviewing this hotel again, because the last time I stayed here I gave it five stars. I have stayed here at least 10 or 15 nights over the years. I have always been very happy here. This time I found mold all around the window and and some on the wall behind the curtain. I did not notice it when I checked in. I saw It the next morning. When I checked out I told the young lady at the desk. She said she would have been glad to give me another room if I had seen it the day before. I have no doubt they would have. Other than that, it was a great stay. Room looked nice, breakfast was good as it has always been? The parking lot is lighted, and the elevator is a great item to have. I am sure that I will return here again, but I will check out the room before unpacking.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank fellowtraveler415
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea
Lone Oak Lodge
Lone Oak Lodge
#4 of 56 in Monterey

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!