“Orientation for college student.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Marina
santa clarita
“Orientation for college student.”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel looks very nice from the outside, from first impression it seems nice enough. The reception clerk was not friendly and a bit robotic, but the room was clean and did not smell like smoke like some previous experiences. I left a manila folder on the counter that later on I spend two hours looking for, and the from desk never called me to inform me that they had found it. When I went to ask if they had it, the clerk told me they had it and gave it to me, I asked her if they planned on calling me and she said she never had time to look at the name on it and they don't look thru customers personal things.?? Really. At night the room next door was super loud, and I called to complain and again they did nothing about, I don't know if I would stay here again. The manager was apologetic and nice, I may give them another try.!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank sosax88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is listed as either a 2 or 2.5 star depending on where you look. This place is really a 3 Star. The rooms are clean and large, the staff friendly, and the free breakfast plentiful. The hotel is walking distance (10 min) to the beach) and about 25-30 minute drive to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Well worth the small beautifal coast drive to get into Monterey.
My only issues are--dining area for breakfast not large enough, they tend to start packing up the food 5-10 minutes before the end time, and there are Smoking rooms (which at times can drift into your non-smoking room). Although the room we had didn't smell of cigarettes until the last morning when we were checking out when someone was in a nearby room smoking.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I am reviewing this hotel again, because the last time I stayed here I gave it five stars. I have stayed here at least 10 or 15 nights over the years. I have always been very happy here. This time I found mold all around the window and and some on the wall behind the curtain. I did not notice it when I checked in. I saw It the next morning. When I checked out I told the young lady at the desk. She said she would have been glad to give me another room if I had seen it the day before. I have no doubt they would have. Other than that, it was a great stay. Room looked nice, breakfast was good as it has always been? The parking lot is lighted, and the elevator is a great item to have. I am sure that I will return here again, but I will check out the room before unpacking.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank fellowtraveler415
USA
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We learned a little bit more about the hotel on this trip. Still a nice place to stay. Remember that it is not the Ritz Carlton. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast, I feel, is quite adequate. We stayed on the third floor this time but recommend the first or second floors. The upper floor is the smoking floor. Although our room was unaffected by this, other rooms could definately be bothered by it. We had to endure the very prominate smell everytime we went between the stairs and our room. Also, the bathrooms' wallpaper was peeling off. All else was good however.

Room Tip: Don't choose the third floor if you are not a smoker!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank barkmr
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Over the years, I have stayed here many times. The staff has always been great and very accommodating. The room I had was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is good and they keep it well stocked. I did notice that the wall paper above the shower was starting to lift off. Other than that, it looked great. I would agree that some rooms need some maintenance. I enjoy staying here and will continue to return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank fellowtraveler415
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed November 28, 2011

OK place to stay, but does need some updating. As noted in other reviews, some mold around the air conditioner and outside of tub where caulking is coming loose. Needs to be removed, a mold inhibitor used and recaulked. Otherwide it was a good value. Room was otherwise clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good - they offered us early breakfast when we checked out at 5:30 am.

Room Tip: Stay away from ice/vending machines - they can be noisy even some distance down the hall.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Leander
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We needed a room near old Fort Ord military housing and this one fit the bill. A bit more pricey than the Quality Inn nearby, but much nicer and cleaner. Because of a busy weekend and last minute trip, we had one night at both. The staff was very friendly and helpful with our request for a senior accessible room. We had a great room with easy access. Lobby and breakfast room were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Lone Oak Lodge
Lone Oak Lodge
#3 of 55 in Monterey

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!