“Traveler beware of this Motel 6 In Marina, California worst experience ever!”

Motel 6 Monterey - Marina
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Family and I arrive Saturday evening, maintence guy checking guests in. Line to get into lobby reaches outside into parking area. Maintenance guy checking in guest to the motel. Manager no where to be found. People who made time to make a their reservations find out that people are already staying in their rooms. That is exactly what happened to my family!!! We check in get our key and go to our room we find out ou room has already been checked out. We finally meet the manager and I speak to her and she tells me that she had a staff problem. No housekeeping!!!!! She is out trying to clean rooms half decent to accommodate guests. My family made reservations for two days. We had to go search for towels, our room was never cleaned or vacuumed, and the manager didn't seem to care one bit. Never again Motel 6!!! For premium paid for the room and experience my family had to go through their is no excuse. Please don't leave the light on Tom!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank VinobearCab
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Monterey - Marina, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear VinobearCab,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the check-in and housekeeping issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here three nights in August 2013 as part of a tour of the Coast. Reception area was clean. Rooms very clean and quiet away from the road. I would have given this Motel 6 five stars if it was not for the fact that every piece of grass was covered with literally HUNDREDS of dog messes. I had a dog with me and actually took him to a piece of waste ground next door to do his business as I could not find a clean place for him. You could not even have walked on the grass without looking at every step you took. I know people should clean up after their dog and I always do, but Motel 6 should make sure that they clean this place up at the end of every day. There are enough people looking for work I am sure!!!! I love that Motel 6 welcomes dogs, but this was ridiculous - I have never seen the like of it. When I got home, I called the Corporate Office and made a complaint. The girl apologised, but I never heard anything further. Otherwise a really nice stay. There is a nice courtyard and the building is an unusual design and very attractive. There is a really good Denny's just close by you can walk to. Had breakfast there twice and dinner once. All very tasty. Good place from which to explore the Montery Peninsula and Carmel area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GoldenSong
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We've stayed at many Motel 6's but this one was truly unique.The GM,Mrs.Borba was super nice,and was always taking care of her flowers,and shrubs on a beautifuly arranged patio.We even had pizza on a table outside our room.the price was low concidering where we were(8mi from Monterey).Would have givin' a 5 but a little differcult to find at first.Be sure to hit the local beach to watch the "humpbacks"check this one out for yourself when in the area.thanx David/Cheryl sargent

Room Tip: Book EARLY as your close to Monterey,Stay on 1st level on patio level
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PUPPYPUP
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Good choice for visiting Monterey and Carmel. It's an ok place if you plan to spend one or two nights while visiting California Coast. Close to Monterey and Carmel. and way cheaper than hotels on those cities. Rooms acoustic isolation are not very good. If you happen to get a noisy neighbor it's gonna be disturbing.

Room Tip: I always go for the ground floor so I don't have to carry my wife's luggage upstairs. As usu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KitesurferBRA
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Was the cheapest hotel in the area within closest proximity to the beach. Well maintained grounds, decently nice staff, and clean rooms make it well worth the price. Only complaint would be no tissues in the room, also there are not fridges and microwaves in every room (just some). People who complain have forgotten how much they paid-- you get what you pay for. Happy I stayed here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte1023
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Who'd know that the weekend that I wanted to go to Monterey would be the yearly car show in
Monterey. So...naturally, every hotel/motel has jacked up the rates for this particular weekend.
Remember this folks, August 14,15 thru Sunday the 18th this weekend every year. So I guess when I'm paying $120 a night at a motel 6, I going to be kinda picky. Two adults in a room should
give 2 bathroom towels. But immediately, I called room service. An additional towel pretty quickly.
The next day same thing, only 1 towel. This time after visiting the front desk, they had to call an
additional person to get us the towel. Mediocre airplane coffee in the lobby in the AM.
Oddly though, I'd consider it again, as I did like the location, ie right on the coast. 10 minutes
drive into Monterey.

Room Tip: We had a queen bed for 2 people, yet I tried to get 2 doubles. The front office told us that there...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Having stayed at a number of hotels/motels during our 3 week trip of the West Coast this was the most disappointing.

It was what it was, a box with a bed!!! although it was on route, for the price we paid it was over priced compared to many of the other places we had stayed such as RedRoof and Travelodge. As for toiletries I hardly think a small bar of soap equates to toiletries. There were no facilities at all, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer, fridge nothing! Not sure about being pet friendly either nothing against pets but surely not very hygienic having pets sleeping in your bedroom ?

The quilts on the beds are not very inviting and very dated ours and the couple we were travelling with had cigarette burn holes in them.

Have to say this does not reflect on the staff the lady who checked us in was great, she was friendly and very helpful.

Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for so pay a little extra.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Sand Castle Inn
Sand Castle Inn
#1 of 13 in Seaside

Been to Motel 6 Monterey - Marina? Share your experiences!