“Smelly, Smelly, Smelly”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Sydney, Australia
“Smelly, Smelly, Smelly”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I wasn't expecting much and I got that. The room was tiny, very smelly and noisy. You can hear the people in the next room. I paid just over $60 for the night for a queen bed and I personally thought it was worth $35 per night. I do not recommend this motel. I do alot of travelling and this would be the worst place I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Camino, California
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I've stayed at the Marina Motel 6 several times. I like staying there when I go to Monterey because the price is right, the people are very friendly and courteous, and the location is perfect. It's just a few miles from Monterey, but you won't find a comparably priced motel anywhere within miles of Monterey. Dining, shopping and the beach are all within walking distance too. Do yourself a favor and check it out the next time you go to Monterey!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mtngurly
Chinnor, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights during our holiday from the UK.A good basic motel,clean room,very helpful,friendly staff.A good beach nearby which is within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I have to say that I was somewhat concerned after having read some of the reviews after I had already booked the hotel. I have to say I am no longer concerned & would definitely stay at this hotel again.

We were on our yearly family vacation, wife & I, daughter & grandchildren. I booked 2 rooms for 5 days. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the motel staff very courteous. Not far from all family attractions. We stayed here knowing that accomodations would not be first class, but would allow us to splurge in other areas. We were not disappointed.

I do have to say this, when we arrived our rooms were not quite ready (we arrived early). As we waited for staff to ready one of the rooms we noted there were peanut shells everywhere on the floor and the room was generally very messy. It's too bad guest don't show the same respect for the rented rooms as they would their own home. Maybe that is where some of the bad reviews came from.

Thank you Motel 6 Staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank SDBOLTMAN
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I had made reservations two weeks in advance of my stay The room I was given (#133, I believe) had a large rip in the carpet and the carpet was clearly filthy. The carpet had been vacuumed, but there were MANY greasy/dirty spots throughout the carpet. These were NOT stains, but dirty areas that should have been shampooed. In addition, the bed was hard, the blanket was clean, but threadbare-like. Plus, the room was the smallest of any Motel 6 I've experienced, smaller than ANY motel or hotel I've stayed at. The motel's huge sign by the highway indicates "All New Rooms". This was clearly false, considering how dirty and aged the carpet was. I did not stay the night, but immediately asked for money back. I ended up at the Marina Quality Inn, which cost me only $2.00 more than Motel 6, and included a nice breakfast and in-room coffee. Motel 6 corporate should definitely audit the condition of the Marina Motel 6. I cannot believe that room 133 was an exception.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Hikergrl2010

Travelers are raving about these Marina hotels

Alhambra, California
Reviewed September 17, 2010

My son and I stayed here in August, 2010 for two nights on our trip to Monterey. The motel is conveniently located off the freeway and near the beach and not far from all the attractions of the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in was a breeze. Our room was very clean with a very nice hot shower and ample towels which were replaced the second day. There is a Denny's on-site but it was too crowded at breakfast. Domino's delivers to the motel. There are also numerous drive thru restaurants nearby as well as a Wal-Mart and a large shopping center with Target and other chain stores. The first night was very quiet but the second night the people in the room above us were very noisy. It sounded like they were picking up their suitcases and dropping them repeatedly. It was inconvenient that the wi-fi was not working during our stay but the staff told us about the Starbucks down the street.. My only major problem with this motel was the beds, they were TOO HARD. I felt like I was sleeping on a board. I have stayed at other Motel 6's and have never had a bed this hard before. Even though it is a "budget" motel, they still should have decent comfortable beds.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and we will stay here again next time we are in the Monterey area. I will, however, bring a sleeping bag or blankets to add some padding to the beds.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Marina, California
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My boyfriend left his wallet on the night stand. We assumed the money would be gone, but we wanted his driver's license atleast. The maid or whoever could've done that much by leaving it in the lost and found. Also, the rate we got online was MORE than the walk-in rate. Taxes were not included in the online quote which was fine, 10%. The wallet issue is not fine. BEWARE! Clean but absolutely no immenities.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank momolovexo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Sanctuary Beach Resort
#4 of 9 in Marina
Sand Castle Inn
Sand Castle Inn
#1 of 13 in Seaside

Been to Motel 6 Monterey - Marina? Share your experiences!