“Ramada Marina”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Marina
YAKIMA
“Ramada Marina”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The breakfasts were very nice and the room clean. The windows on either end of the third floor were always open so it was very cold and uncomfortable in the hall. The hotel is somewhat run down but the staff was nice and the location was good for my business trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ritesh P, General Manager at Ramada Marina, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Valerie W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I aplogize that our staff left the hallway windows open. We do so only to keep air circulation flowing but they should have been closed to keep the temperature in the hallways reasonable. We are always working to improve our hotel and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me or any member of my team for your future lodging needs.

Looking forward to having you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
WASHINGTON
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Ramada Marina for 3 nights for the Monterey Jazz Festival in September, 2012. Very nice hotel and a good location. But the rates were very high (average $175) because of the festival. Rooms were typical Ramada with micorwave and mini fridge. I got the room with the jacuzi/tub, which was fun. Breakfast only here, but other restaurants very close. No fitness center. Staff was fine. I would stay there again if the price was right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 1Jp1,

We greatly appreciate your nice comments and for giving us the opportunity to take care of you during your recent stay with us. We're glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us. I apologize that our staff did not inform you of our on site fitness center located on the ground floor.

Looking forward to having you back soon!
SOUTH GATE
Reviewed October 1, 2012

stayed at the Ramada in Marina because i had a loss in the family and booked the Ramada in marina. We had a long night dealing with our loss and went to bed only to wake up during the night to find rat droppings on the sheets. I believed Ramada standards to be high in every hotel so I didn't think to check the sheets for rat droppings before getting into bed. When i woke up at 4am in the morning to go to the restroom, I noticed two black things on my bed. At first i thought it might be dirt or trash, but when i looked at t carefully, I noticed it was rat droppings. I took off the whole blanket from the bed and noticed there was another dropping towards the end of the bed. I called the front desk and told them bout the droppings, and asked if I can be moved to another room. They told me that they had no other rooms and that i'd have to wait for housekeeping to come in to change the blanket around 6 r 7 and for the manager at 7. I basically stayed up all morning sat on the couch waiting to get out of there. I called back at 715am and spoke to the manager and told him about what was going on. He said he'd go to our room w/ the manager of housekeeping to see it. They came about 10 minutes later and asked where was it. I showed them and the manager asked the housekeeper if the cleaned it the day before, she said no one cleaned the room since monday... I stayed there on a weds night... so one bothered to clean it before we got there. He said he'd have housekeeping clean it. He left w the housekeeper and called us about 20 minutes later and said he's give us a suite for the night, but we were leaving that day. So he said he would comp our room. Nevertheless, i felt so disgusted by all that, that i didnt bother eating breakfast there. I reported the incident to the dept. of health. It was the worst stay there. Will never stay at any ramada again let alone recommended. I even took pics of it.

3 Thank JULIE P
Ritesh P, Manager at Ramada Marina, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Julie P, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your stay with us. Rest assured that our hotel does not take incidents such as these lightly, therefore after the incident occured we immediately contacted our pest control service whom services our hotel on a monthly basis. Upon inspecting the items on the bed, he could not conclude exactly what the items were but did confirm that they were not rat droppings. We take room cleanliness very seriously and apologize that your room was anything less than perfect. I am glad to hear that we were able to rectify the issue for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. I can be reached at (831) 582-9100 Extension 555.

Travelers are raving about these Marina hotels

RIVERSIDE
Reviewed September 30, 2012

When visiting family, we like to use hotel facilities so we can go to bed and wake up when we want. We don't want to disturb family routines. The Ramada Marina was located conveniently close to family, was very comfortable and affordable. We will return to this area again and will stay at Ramada Marina

ROSEVILLE
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the 2nd year I've stayed here and the help is wonderful. The breakfast with the waffles were great/

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

AURORA
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything was very nice, the room was clean, the staff was nice, breakfast was average but very nice that it is included. The extra ammendities are nice like the fridge, iron, and tv with expanded cable. Only small issues were the fridge made lots of noise and the sink was dripping. Kinda funny the room was very nice but they have a one dollar faucet that leaks. Overall, it was a nice stay and we would definitely return.

Stockton, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This Ramada property is a nice building in very good condition and the housekeeping seemed fine. The location is just a couple minutes off the freeway. However there are a few things that really detract from an otherwise very pleasant and productive stay, first of which is useless Internet Wifi. I stayed 6 days and on none of those days could I get usable internet speeds for more than a couple minutes during normal times. Often web pages would time out trying to load and you would have to retry several times. Then things would work fine for a minute or two than stall again. I called the front desk and was referred to a toll free number where they were very helpful. They blocked several people running torrent which was using the entire internet capacity and even opened a second network. Things improved for an hour and then were back to useless. I did find that it worked ok most of the time at 4:00 AM though. You also have to sign into their internet services and work your way through there ads several times a day. Also very time consuming, counter-productive and annoying. So if you are planning on using the internet to help you plan your activities or work and don't want to get up at 4:00 AM to do so, pass this place by.

A couple other strange things were that the paint was worn off around the edges of the toilet seat like one would find in an outdoor public bathroom. This just stands out as strange in an other wise very nice facility. Also, instead of having a single recent vintage TV with a DVD player, they had two old medium size tube types, one which you could only watch the very limited cable channels on in front of the couch and another in front of the bed with a DVD player which you could not watch anything else on. You could not watch both on a single TV. Also very strange.

Very noisy road right in front of the hotel, so if you are a light sleeper, you will need a back room.

The room prices were very good in September (off season) so I could accept the vintage TV(s) and worn out toilet seat. This just means they don't want to spend enough money to keep the lesser features up to date with the building. But there is no excuse for useless Wifi internet. They could have limiters on each user so that no one could use the entire bandwidth, but they don't. That is the only feature I really couldn't tolerate or do anything about.

Room Tip: Don't stay if you want to use the internet as it doesn't work here. If you cannot sleep thr...