“Rat Pellets on bed”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Marina
SOUTH GATE
“Rat Pellets on bed”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

stayed at the Ramada in Marina because i had a loss in the family and booked the Ramada in marina. We had a long night dealing with our loss and went to bed only to wake up during the night to find rat droppings on the sheets. I believed Ramada standards to be high in every hotel so I didn't think to check the sheets for rat droppings before getting into bed. When i woke up at 4am in the morning to go to the restroom, I noticed two black things on my bed. At first i thought it might be dirt or trash, but when i looked at t carefully, I noticed it was rat droppings. I took off the whole blanket from the bed and noticed there was another dropping towards the end of the bed. I called the front desk and told them bout the droppings, and asked if I can be moved to another room. They told me that they had no other rooms and that i'd have to wait for housekeeping to come in to change the blanket around 6 r 7 and for the manager at 7. I basically stayed up all morning sat on the couch waiting to get out of there. I called back at 715am and spoke to the manager and told him about what was going on. He said he'd go to our room w/ the manager of housekeeping to see it. They came about 10 minutes later and asked where was it. I showed them and the manager asked the housekeeper if the cleaned it the day before, she said no one cleaned the room since monday... I stayed there on a weds night... so one bothered to clean it before we got there. He said he'd have housekeeping clean it. He left w the housekeeper and called us about 20 minutes later and said he's give us a suite for the night, but we were leaving that day. So he said he would comp our room. Nevertheless, i felt so disgusted by all that, that i didnt bother eating breakfast there. I reported the incident to the dept. of health. It was the worst stay there. Will never stay at any ramada again let alone recommended. I even took pics of it.

3 Thank JULIE P
Ritesh P, Manager at Ramada Marina, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Julie P, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your stay with us. Rest assured that our hotel does not take incidents such as these lightly, therefore after the incident occured we immediately contacted our pest control service whom services our hotel on a monthly basis. Upon inspecting the items on the bed, he could not conclude exactly what the items were but did confirm that they were not rat droppings. We take room cleanliness very seriously and apologize that your room was anything less than perfect. I am glad to hear that we were able to rectify the issue for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. I can be reached at (831) 582-9100 Extension 555.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
RIVERSIDE
Reviewed September 30, 2012

When visiting family, we like to use hotel facilities so we can go to bed and wake up when we want. We don't want to disturb family routines. The Ramada Marina was located conveniently close to family, was very comfortable and affordable. We will return to this area again and will stay at Ramada Marina

ROSEVILLE
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the 2nd year I've stayed here and the help is wonderful. The breakfast with the waffles were great/

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

AURORA
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything was very nice, the room was clean, the staff was nice, breakfast was average but very nice that it is included. The extra ammendities are nice like the fridge, iron, and tv with expanded cable. Only small issues were the fridge made lots of noise and the sink was dripping. Kinda funny the room was very nice but they have a one dollar faucet that leaks. Overall, it was a nice stay and we would definitely return.

Stockton, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This Ramada property is a nice building in very good condition and the housekeeping seemed fine. The location is just a couple minutes off the freeway. However there are a few things that really detract from an otherwise very pleasant and productive stay, first of which is useless Internet Wifi. I stayed 6 days and on none of those days could I get usable internet speeds for more than a couple minutes during normal times. Often web pages would time out trying to load and you would have to retry several times. Then things would work fine for a minute or two than stall again. I called the front desk and was referred to a toll free number where they were very helpful. They blocked several people running torrent which was using the entire internet capacity and even opened a second network. Things improved for an hour and then were back to useless. I did find that it worked ok most of the time at 4:00 AM though. You also have to sign into their internet services and work your way through there ads several times a day. Also very time consuming, counter-productive and annoying. So if you are planning on using the internet to help you plan your activities or work and don't want to get up at 4:00 AM to do so, pass this place by.

A couple other strange things were that the paint was worn off around the edges of the toilet seat like one would find in an outdoor public bathroom. This just stands out as strange in an other wise very nice facility. Also, instead of having a single recent vintage TV with a DVD player, they had two old medium size tube types, one which you could only watch the very limited cable channels on in front of the couch and another in front of the bed with a DVD player which you could not watch anything else on. You could not watch both on a single TV. Also very strange.

Very noisy road right in front of the hotel, so if you are a light sleeper, you will need a back room.

The room prices were very good in September (off season) so I could accept the vintage TV(s) and worn out toilet seat. This just means they don't want to spend enough money to keep the lesser features up to date with the building. But there is no excuse for useless Wifi internet. They could have limiters on each user so that no one could use the entire bandwidth, but they don't. That is the only feature I really couldn't tolerate or do anything about.

Room Tip: Don't stay if you want to use the internet as it doesn't work here. If you cannot sleep thr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ritesh P, General Manager at Ramada Marina, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear CPRendon,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I apologize that your stay with us was anything less than perfect. Let me assure you that the issues you had with the internet during your stay are in the process of being corrected and should be completed within the month. We are also in the process of upgrading all of our televisions in our rooms to provide guests with the best experience possible.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I can be reached at (831) 582-9100 Extension 555.
San Dimas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed one night. Had a nice large room with a sofa/bed seating area. Nice king size bed with a desk and table and chairs. Quite spacious. (Relatives traveling with us had a king room that ,was even larger.) Had a small refrigerator/freezer and microwave, plus 2 tvs. Good size bathroom. The breakfast had a waffle maker, cereal, nice selection of breads and muffins. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Irvine, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We arrived before regular check-in time to see if we could check in early but it was not important. The person at the from desk told us they didn't have any rooms cleaned yet. We had reserved 2 rooms as we were traveling with 4 children. The front desk person told us he had us confirmed for a handicapped King room and a room with 2 queen beds. We explained that we reserved 2 rooms with 2 queen beds which he said we did not. After it became apparent that our request would not be granted we asked if there were at least 2 rooms next to each other which he told us 'no' there was a room between us. My wife asked to speak to someone in charge and he told us he was in charge. She asked to speak to someone above him and we were told he could not give out that information. When returned to check in and asked about two rooms together we were told there were none available and we were given rooms on opposite ends of the hall. The person at the front desk proceeded to argue with us over what we booked. My wife became very frustrated with this person (not the same as earlier) and stated we would never stay here again. At some point he decided he didn't want to converse with us any more and call my wife the "rudest person" he had ever met. I maintained my composure as we did not have another option. Upon our check out the original person, whom I assume is the manager (maybe owner) sent someone else to check us out. Stay clear of this place at any cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Trend53

Travelers are raving about these Marina hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Ramada Monterey
Ramada Monterey
#26 of 56 in Monterey

Been to Ramada Marina? Share your experiences!