“Best Mexican Breakfast in Marina”

Sarita's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 61 Restaurants in Marina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had arrived back in town after a trip to the Sierras and realized we didn't have anything in the refrigerator for breakfast so we stopped at Sarita's. We had heard from others that it was a very good place to eat breakfast and they weren't wrong. We had the Carnita Burrito and a Chile Verde Omelette. I noticed that they offered several menu items with cactus. I have never had it before so I asked if I could have a little on the side. They brought me a saucer full and it was delicious. You will have to try some.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My family and I ate here when unfamiliar with the area because it was highly rated. The atmosphere is small and cheery and clean. The service was just ok. The food was really nothing special. Edible, not horrible, but not worth the price in my opinion. Its been about 8 months since we ate there and we have not and probably will not be back.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was expecting more from a Mexican restaurant in California, but it was not a whole lot better than what I can get on the east coast. But the food was good. I would try it again.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Small basic Mexican restaurant with good food. We tried the chili verde and carnitas both were great. The service was fast and efficient. The price was reasonable. We would recommend Sarita's to anyone.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We live in Marina, Ca, which is an okay town near Monterey. We use the store and the bank, and it does have a nice beach. The restaurants are very limited, but every now and then we feel like getting some Mexican food to bring home without going too far out of our way. So we tried Sarita's and have gone there many times for take out.

I enjoy the Fiesta chicken tostada, and my husband loves their menudo. We did eat in the restaurant once but it was very boisterous and noisy. We just get it to go and eat at home. The chicken in the tostada is so tender and tasty; the shell is a puffed pastry tortilla. Simply divine!

We've had their burritos, too, but we tend to stick to our favorites. If you are passing through Marina, or just want to try somewhere new, try Sarita's Mexican Food!