“BEST STAY EVER!!!!”

Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We had been planning a trip to Marina bay for a while, and when I say my stay at this Hotel was possibly the best experience ive had at a hotel so far, I mean it. My girlfriend and I spent two weeks here while exploring Marina bay, and one of the things that made this stay such an exceptional one was the manner in which the staff conducted themselves; they were very professional, courteous, and caring at all times, they were also very pleasant to be around and conversate about the local attractions and cuisines. Chris, the front desk attendant was very helpful; and Sarah, Oh Sarah, possibly the be best Hostess one could ever hope for. Always had an infectious smile whenever we saw her; and shes also an exceptional cook, the delicious continental breakfast thats always ready and hot each morning, she make them! How amazing. The whole staff was very prompt in responding to all our inquiries and concerns, as a result we had more time touring the area. For our next trip to Marina bay, we already know where we are staying

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Terry B, Owner at Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Marie
Thank you for staying with us and Thank you for writing a review. The Monterey Peninsula is spectacular and our location offers a great jumping off point to see all the sights. Of course there is the aquarium, then the wineries, then Fishermans Wharf, then Pt Lobos, then Big Sur, then the 17 mile drive, then .... well I am not sure 2 weeks is quite enough time. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at our Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I chose this place based on the glowing reviews on this site, which I find slightly suspect considering my experience there. First off, when I opened the lid of the toilet in the bathroom shortly after entering my room, I was greeted with a toilet filled with urine, and 2 long black hairs, presumably from the maid. (Now that I look at more reviews on here, it appears they have a problem with communication between the housekeeping staff and the front desk --- sending guests to rooms that aren't clean.) I found the room to be sparse, cheap looking, and nothing special --- nowhere near what I was expecting from these reviews. It's also a bit out of the way if you're looking to sightsee in the Monterey and Carmel areas.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gregs_out_West
Terry B, Manager at Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Number one Thank You for writing a review. Sarah called in all of the housekeeping staff for a meeting based on your review. We are never happy when the room is not totally clean and ready for our customers. We are very sorry to have presented a room to you in this condition.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

If you are looking for clean rooms with amazing breakfast in the vicinity, this is the best bet! Convenient location to all major attractions, yet quiet and safe night stay. The staff members are professional and very helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Terry B, Owner at Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Visual
Thank you for writing a review and for being our customer. We are a travelers choice with a great team and a great location to access all of the Monterey sights as you have noted. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

The manager Sarah, is very personable and helpful. The rooms are very clean and HUGE. I am in town for 30 days and wouldn't dream of staying elsewhere. I haven't tried the full breakfast yet but judging from the amount of people there in the morning it must be pretty good. The guy that works there is very nice as well and was kind enough to tell me where to go to get my car fixed for a reasonable price. I would strongly recommend that anyone cone and stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Terry B, Owner at Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Large clean and fresh rooms with a great breakfast delivered by a helpful friendly team. A travelers choice every time. Thank you for staying with us at our Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
1  Thank Jon V
Terry B, Owner at Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Reviewed February 27, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Terry B, Owner at Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

For my anniversary, my husband surprised me with a trip to Carmel, and he booked our stay at this motel. The owners went out of their way to accommodate us. I was worried at first because our door was wide open, but they explained it was due to steam cleaning. Nothing beats a super clean motel, and it really helped me relax during our romantic getaway.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a great review. Yes you are right our team works hard to keep every room clean and fresh. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great getaway. Thank you again for staying with us at our Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Lone Oak Lodge
Lone Oak Lodge
#4 of 56 in Monterey
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina

Been to Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay? Share your experiences!