“My home away from home”

Best Western Beach Dunes Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I love this hotel!! Right next to the beach, excellent service, great rooms and you can't beat the price. The staff is extremely helpful, kind, friendly and they always make me feel like I'm home when I'm away from home. I love this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Ever think of running the Big Sur Half-Marathon in November?
Do yourself a favor and stay at the Best Western Beach Dunes!
I enjoyed this hotel. Clean and comfortable. Nice staff - Honest.
The race had an early start. The hotel manager opened early and set up the breakfast supplies so we could eat prior to the race. Then they allowed us to stay late so we could shower before we left.
I accidentally left my iPad on the window sill outside of my room as we were leaving and the maid made sure I got it back immediately!
I cannot say how much I enjoyed this hotel and people there!
Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Wanted to be closer to Monterey, but was very pleased with this hotel and it was a short drive into everything we wanted to do. Our room was clean and staff was very nice. Wished we had made time to go in the hot tub. Not a big area but looked nice.

Room Tip: It is near the freeway and we got the closest room to it. Thankfully, we didn't hear the noise...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My room was on the first floor and not very clean at all. The biggest issue is that my door would not lock and when I contacted the front desk to correct the issue it took them over an hour before anybody even showed up. The free breakfast was the worst, noting was left on both days that I stayed when it was scheduled to be open for another 2 hours. The staff at this hotel were the worst. I contacted management to have the issue resolved and they said that they were sorry and would TRY to do better next time. There will not be a next time for me at this location. The price was way to high for what you get, pay the extra and stay at the sanctuary across the street!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, if you do stay on the second floor and be the first to breakfast every day.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Location is walkable to the beach. Rooms are very neatly maintained. Friendly staff with knowledge of local area restaurants for dinner. Breakfast is included, which is good escpecially whne the location is right near the beach. Not very far off from Monterey bay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Decent place to stop over if you on a road trip on US 1.. Rooms are clean.. Breakfast is very average.. would have been nice if the room had a microwave.. The only positives for this motel are the location and an extremely efficient staff..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank argees
Reviewed December 6, 2013

GOOD location, nice room , good bed good amenities. Very attentive staff, helped me with downstairs room, good breakfast selection, very friendly and helpful check in staff. Good to have a microwave and frige in room, nice to be by pool and have a sliding glass door to exit to pool or breakfast and my car to unload luggage.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 9 in Marina
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Been to Best Western Beach Dunes Inn? Share your experiences!