“Had a very nice stay”

Best Western Beach Dunes Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here because I had just enough BW rewards points to cover a two night stay. We usually stay at one of the BWs in Carmel. The staff here are very pleasant. When you check-in, you're greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies. Our room was a good size, clean, and came with a mini fridge and microwave which were convenient. We also had a large flat screen TV in the room. I had read reviews where people complained about noise from the highway or guests in other rooms. We had a room facing the courtyard right above the office, so we didn't hear any highway noise. My husband said the family next door to us were kind of loud but I wasn't bothered at all. We had breakfast the next day in their small dining room. The hotel was completely booked (it was Columbus Day weekend) so the dining room was full. My husband was able to secure us a table though. The breakfast was very basic: yogurt, cereal, toast, make-your-own-waffles, juice, milk, coffee. The next day, we just had coffee but decided to go elsewhere for breakfast. My favorite part of staying at this BW is the fact that we were right across from Marina Beach! There's a little trail across the street that takes you over the dunes and onto the beach. We walked there twice during our stay. Our little 6 year old loved playing on the beach. This hotel is definitely a great deal. We were very close to Monterey and Carmel (where we spent most of our time during our visit). We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I ended up checking in here without a reservation due to a bad experience at a BW in Salinas. The BW Beach Dunes is excellent! Fast and friendly check in, after getting to our room the front desk lady called to make sure everything was okay. The room itself was about what you would expect for a Best Western- clean, comfortable beds but nothing overly fancy.

What really makes this hotel is the location- it's right by the sand dunes beach. Stunning views!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Allie J
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel was really nice - shortly after checking us in, Loren called to make sure everything in the room was OK and met our expectations. The room was clean, looked nice. Only complaint is the bed was too hard for both of us - we need a softer bed. The hotel is located across the street from a state beach - very easy access. We were visiting Monterey, and didn't mind the short drive back and forth at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy A
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Love the location of this hotel - within walking distance to great state beach (no fees at this one) or can drive there to park close. clean restrooms at the beach and a couple of picnic tables. The room was decent, clean, and the only thing I wish they had was a frige and micro. Maybe some rooms do, ours didn't. Had cookies in the afternoon - chocolate chip and fresh baked. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Im sat here trying to think what to say. Difficult because it is what it is. The rooms are adequate without being blown away, The hotel facilities are pretty limited and the breakfast was underwhelming. I would rather have to pay a bit more and get a more substantial breakfast. After saying that this place was not cheap, but less that staying in Monterey or Carmel. Can't think of anything else to say!! Convenient for our journey from Las Vegas to Napa.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is around a 15-minute drive from Monterey centre and 45 minutes to an hour from Big Sur. I didn't spend much time in the room, more using it as a base.

That said, it was clean, big, and quiet. I had two terrific nights' sleep, I did some laundry and I used the shower. The air-con is a little noisy and breakfast is a tad basic but I'm not a big eater early in the day anyway. For me, it was perfect, with friendly reception staff, somewhere to park, and wifi that worked on multiple devices all around the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank K W
Patricia f, Director of Sales at Best Western Beach Dunes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Beach Dunes Inn. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we will be your first choice the next time you visit the beautiful Monterey Peninsula.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Now that we've been there, we've found there are plenty of accommodations in the area. Continental breakfast really isn't all that great, rather boring. I'd rather pay $10 and eat properly. The hotel was ok, but not outstanding. The windows didn't work properly, there was mold growing on them.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 9 in Marina
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
InterContinental The Clement Monterey

Been to Best Western Beach Dunes Inn? Share your experiences!