“Pleasant surprise story”

Best Western Beach Dunes Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I actually thought I'd booked a different hotel. Too late to switch, we reset our expectations to a smaller, economy hotel with no pool. However the very friendly staff and the quiet location right at the beach provided a relaxing, fun family vacation. Frankly I preferred the kids experiencing the beach over another crowded pool. 2 different beach access points, one "right there", one with nice dune stroll, less crowded. 1 min drive to each. Gotta mention room had the best (non-Ritz) hotel fridge I've ever seen. My 9 yr old misses the hotel. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from freeway noise, and with a fridge.
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Sean B
There are newer reviews for Best Western Beach Dunes Inn

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Brought my daughter here for her bday and had a blast . This hotel is clean and comfy and is central to all the places you want to go to see. The beach is right here too and goes for miles. Price was right too. Don't pass up a chance to stay here if you get the time. Thanks Ernie and the rest of the staff for making this so nice here.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Loose sockets: my chargers kept popping out
, bathrooms are a bit small, but the sinks were outside which is great for parallel processing when there are multiple occupants
Great location though, a half mile walk from great sunsets at dunes beach
Go to breakfast early if you want eggs

Use Costco discounts if you have it, cheaper than AAA

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 23, 2013

First, this is not a 5 start hotel so I really don't understand some of the negative comments with extremely high expections, if you want a 5 star, then pay for a 5 star.
Rooms: very clean and comfortable, flat screen TV, mini fridge and a little comfy leather sofa, more than enough.
Service: here is where I would give 10 stars, very friendly and helpful. Special mention to Ernie from reception, he could've just gave us our room, but he went the extra mile giving us tips and ways to enjoy our stay. I travel a lot and you don't see receptionist that are so customer oriented.
Location: yes, is not in Carmel, but is right by the beach and right by the freeway so you are 10 mins away from Carmel.

Again, this is not a 5 star hotel, but for what you pay the value is fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thakurland
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The room was nice and the beds were comfortable. My pregnant wife and I both slept well on the mattress. The bathroom was disappointing. It did not appear as nice as the room; it was also very small. Seems like they forgot to remodel the bathroom. The children were disappointed there was no Disney channel. Breakfast was good.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The room was nice fairly clean. They seemed like they were recently remodeled. The bed was comfortable and slept good. The breakfast was good and the whole family had something they liked. Great location, only a 5 minute walk to a nice beach. My only complaint was it was foggy the day we were there so we drove 8 miles south to Monterey where the sky was blue.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The hotel is nice, the rooms are newly arranged and the decoration was to my liking.
I do not like at all as we heard the noise from the other rooms, this must be improved immediately, I understand that is the worst thing about the hotel points in the next room was a gentleman to which listened to the conversation, really very ugly.
In relation to highway noise for me there was something that bothered me.
The breakfast is basic but adequate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 9 in Marina
InterContinental The Clement Monterey

Been to Best Western Beach Dunes Inn? Share your experiences!