This hotel is located about 9 miles from Cannery Row in Monterey. I chose this location because of it was much less money than staying right in downtown Monterey. The minute I walked into the lobby I was greeted by the smell of freshly baked cookies and I noticed ample sitting room, a free computer to use, daily newspapers stacked up and self serve coffee. Check in was fast and efficient and their was a bell cart that i could use for our luggage. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that was plenty huge but did lack on providing enough towels. A quick phone call and that was an easy fix. I noticed the three floors all had ice makers and vending machines which was nice. Contrary to another review, the breakfast room was one of the largest I have seen at a HIE and it was stocked with a good variety of breakfast foods. The eggs and sausage could use some work but there was no shortage of breads, waffles, pancakes, muffins, fruit, hot and cold cereals, yogurt and low and non fat milks. Considering breakfast is free, it was great! There is a large square table in the middle of the room with outlets for computers/phone charging while sitting but NONE of them worked. This is something that bummed me out because I really need to charge my phone, but just a minor flaw. Going back, the beds were comfortable, the kitchen in the room was great, our room overlooked the parking lot and the only noise we heard were the Harley Davidson motorcycles taking off at 7am. Don't think anyone in the hotel slept through that and it's not the fault of the hotel. This was a fantastic hotel for the price. It was clean, modern and provided all the necessities one would expect from a HIE. I find it hard to believe anyone could give this hotel one star. I understand that things don't always go right but life isn't perfect. I plan on staying here again and commend the hotel on its customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marina, CA!We are located on the Monterey Peninsula, just minutes from Downtown Monterey, Cannery Row and Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf. Santa Cruz, Seaside & Sand City are also nearby.Close to the natural beauty of the dunes and Marina State Beach Park, this hotel offers the guest great value and proximity to the areas world-class golf, dining, and attractions. We are a short drive to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea, 17 Mile Drive, & Pacific Grove.Our beautiful hotel features complimentary Deluxe Express Start Continental Breakfast, free high-speed Internet access in all rooms, and free local phone calls. After a day of sightseeing, return to your comfortable room to relax or enjoy an invigorating work out in our fitness room or dip in our oversized hot tub. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel very soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Marina
- Holiday Inn Express Marina
- Holiday Inn Marina