+Convenient location (close to Hwy 1, and various stores/restaurants)
+They have Weight Watchers meetings on site
+Breakfast has plenty of options (bananas, sausage, pastries, coffee, cereals, yogurt, etc.)
+There is a laundry room (1 washer & 1 dryer) - machines only take quarters & price for washer depends on what you select for your load (mine cost $2.25 + $1.00 for dryer) - thankfully either the hotel or another guest had left behind some detergent & dryer sheets
+Next to Locke-Paddon park/trail
+Free, convenient parking (never had an issue finding a space)
+Fridge & microwave in room
+Heat & air (if you are not familiar with the area, many hotels do not provide air because the temperature is so mild year round)
+Housekeeping staff is great
+Denise at the front desk is awesome. I needed to print out my boarding passes and the printer was down so she let me use the computer at the counter.
-The biggest con was that I specifically asked for a top (third) floor room, and they gave me a second floor room. When I asked about this, Lance just said, "Oh." I looked at him to see if he would try to fix it, and he said that, "maybe tomorrow we can see if one is available". Since I was then on the second floor, I had to listen to what sounded like elephants running around in the room above me every night before bed. I was never given the top floor room.
-Windows are gross! Bird poop everywhere. They desperately need to get a window cleaner.
-Weird holes in walls. It looks like they are from previous wall/art hangings that they either didn't fix (and there are ragged holes left) or they popped little plastic inserts in. Either way, it is creepy.
-Although there is AC, the unit is LOUD. I had to shut it off at night so I could sleep. (I couldn't open the windows due to the street noise being loud as well.)
-I tried 2 machines in the gym (treadmill & eliptical) but neither worked.
-One day I came back to the hotel to find that while I was gone, they had replaced the armchair that was in the room. They didn't tell me they would do this (other hotels usually call to tell you that they will be doing that sort of thing). The replacement chair was also not comfortable (the old one was!), and squeaked from the pleather when sitting in it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marina, CA!We are located on the Monterey Peninsula, just minutes from Downtown Monterey, Cannery Row and Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf. Santa Cruz, Seaside & Sand City are also nearby.Close to the natural beauty of the dunes and Marina State Beach Park, this hotel offers the guest great value and proximity to the areas world-class golf, dining, and attractions. We are a short drive to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea, 17 Mile Drive, & Pacific Grove.Our beautiful hotel features complimentary Deluxe Express Start Continental Breakfast, free high-speed Internet access in all rooms, and free local phone calls. After a day of sightseeing, return to your comfortable room to relax or enjoy an invigorating work out in our fitness room or dip in our oversized hot tub. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel very soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Marina
- Holiday Inn Express Marina
- Holiday Inn Marina