“Worth a second chance”

Dining options: Reservations
Fresno, California
“Worth a second chance”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Service was pretty good but the calamari was great. I wasn't overly impressed with my pasta dish and the water was horrible, but if the opportunity presented itself I would give this place another shot.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank hye33

Canmore, Alberta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't overlook this gem...”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is a small restaurant in a strip mall and when we saw it we might have driven by. But we're glad we didn't. Nine tables make the experience intimate - and the food was really wonderful. They catered to our food allergies (and gluten issues!!) and the food was incredible! Give them a try!

• Visited May 2012
Carmel, California
“OK food, no frills”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Food was OK. Service was friendly but not very attentive. Prices were high for the level of this restaurant. Not many seats. Winds howled through the front door every time someone came or left.

• Visited March 2012
Pleasanton, ca
“Wonderful Discovery!”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My husband and I were staying in Salinas, had driven down to Big Sur and were looking for a place to eat dinner in Marina before heading back to Salinas. I pulled out my iPad and searched for seafood in Marina, CA --- Frutti De Mar Grill came up...I read a few positive reviews and that was it. We arrived 15 minutes later and had the BEST meal of our entire 5 day getaway!

This is not a fancy restaurant, but it was almost full (glad we called ahead) --- and we got the impression this is a local favorite. I had the special, which was grilled salmon atop linguini, accented with spinach and sundried tomatoes. The sauce was a simple, light white wine sauce that was the best choice to complement the salmon. We eat out often, and I eat a lot of seafood pastas, and lots of grilled salmon, and this was truly perfection.

My husband was very happy with his order of seafood linguini. The wine list offered several good choices, none over-priced. The service was a pleasure --- friendly, unobtrusive, knowledgeable. We were hungry, so very glad the service was quick, but not rushed.

We live in the SF Bay Area and love visiting the Salinas/Monterey area --- we are already looking forward to our next visit to Frutti De Mar Grill --- wish we had this restaurant near our home!

• Visited December 2011
Marina, CA
“This is the best restaurant in Marina”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I hesitate to add this review. I live in Marina and Frutti de Mar is my favorite restaurant. Just a couple years ago, it was the best kept secret in Marina but now reservations are definitely recommended. My hesitation comes from knowing that if they get anymore popular, I’ll never get a seat! They have a great menu of Italian seafood. Crab Raviolis, Frutti de Mar Fettuccine, and Seafood Linguine are my personal favorites, but everything on the menu is prepared to the finest quality. Service is as fast or slow as you like, and friendly is an understatement. Don’t be fooled by the strip mall location or the laundry mat next door. Once in the door, you are transported to a cozy little bistro. This is hands down the best restaurant in Marina!

• Visited November 2011