See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

The people are nice up front. Near the ocean and fog. No microwave, no freezer and no refrigerator. A small coffee pot is provided. Parking lot near the units. Doughnuts available when you go to the lobby. Sleep well.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Arrived late at night. The gentleman was very friendly on the desk.
Well have to say very disappointed with the $135 for 1 night.
The stair wells and surrounding area is extremely dirty. The room smelt very musty, there was black hair in the hand basin, sticky gundge on the unit by the tv. The lock on the door is broken. Dirty bedding. Very disappointing!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed June 23, 2017

The Monterey Beach Dunes Inn is not fancy in any way. My room had no micro or frig, but it did have a desk, and a tub in the bathroom, which I like. There is a micro in the lobby that is shared. Complimentary tea and coffee all day. My room was fairly clean, but not spotless; carpet and furniture, etc. were dated, some permanent stains, etc....but clean in general. I wanted a room that I could see out the window to my vehicle, so that was a criteria that did not want to compromise. The manager went out of her way to accommodate my request. The best part is the location of this inn, if you like to hike the dunes...it's a short walk to some awesome trails, and to the Marina State Beach. The manager also gave me lot of info about bicycle riding in the area, since I travel with my bike. I will go back and stay here (off season, when prices are lower) when I have a couple of days to explore the area by bike.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room first before you pay
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2017

lousy management we complain to theresa about mouldy shower broken shower rod dirty floors found juju beans on floor next to bed. I hate juju beans lol. theresa checks out room said yes it is bad but you been smoking in the room so you will not get reduced price i will only waive the fee for smoking in the room. I DID NOT SMOKE ANYWHERE NEAR THE ROOMS, I SMOKE FLAVORED TOBACCO. SHE SAID I SMOKE MARIJUANA AND SHE CONTACTED CORPORATE. SO I WILL CONTACT HEALTH BOARD FOR MOULDY BATHROOM FILTHY AC UNITS

Room Tip: go anywhere else this place is horrible and theresa is a crook and a liar
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Hector V
Reviewed June 7, 2017

Filthy, dirty, bugs in the mini refrigerator, disgusting dried feces all over the entire toilet area. Bad attitude front desk supervisor and the worst part trash the hotel next door. The hotel next door Best Western was top notch, clean and amazing. I am a local and it makes me sad to see people trash talk our own locals. Please stay away.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo