See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 22, 2017

lousy management we complain to theresa about mouldy shower broken shower rod dirty floors found juju beans on floor next to bed. I hate juju beans lol. theresa checks out room said yes it is bad but you been smoking in the room so you will not get reduced price i will only waive the fee for smoking in the room. I DID NOT SMOKE ANYWHERE NEAR THE ROOMS, I SMOKE FLAVORED TOBACCO. SHE SAID I SMOKE MARIJUANA AND SHE CONTACTED CORPORATE. SO I WILL CONTACT HEALTH BOARD FOR MOULDY BATHROOM FILTHY AC UNITS

Room Tip: go anywhere else this place is horrible and theresa is a crook and a liar
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Hector V
Reviewed June 7, 2017

Filthy, dirty, bugs in the mini refrigerator, disgusting dried feces all over the entire toilet area. Bad attitude front desk supervisor and the worst part trash the hotel next door. The hotel next door Best Western was top notch, clean and amazing. I am a local and it makes me sad to see people trash talk our own locals. Please stay away.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank donadamson
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Don't recommend to no one no good price for lousy service carpets and rooms nasty these people don't make you feel welcome good area and don't know why this hotel is there should be close long time ago horrible customer service front desk people lie to you never listen they pretend but don't expect any room service

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Emily H
Reviewed March 28, 2017

We stayed at this location a few years ago and sad to say that it has seen better times. An upgrade definitely is in order. However, the price is right and we love the location due to its close accesss to the State Beach Park. Be aware that the beach boardwalk is closed to the public due to conservation issues. You can still access the Park from across the street from the motel and the Park provides picnic tables and restrooms; you can run down the hill to get to the beach.

The room was of average size with a king size bed. Cleanliness and bedding quality were adequate for us. We had a fridge in the room; the lobby provided a microwave and coffe makings as well. The television seemd antiquated and we were a little disappointed with the number of stations provided.

A nice breakfast was included with the price of the lodging which included scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, breads, waffles, juices/coffee/tea.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlamedaYankeegal
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

First impression was not bad, we could hear waves crashing in the background, reminiscent of my youth. I'm a north coast boy. Then noticed stains on bed spread. Iron left black specks on my shirt but I was able to brush them off, phew.

Upon waking I went to make coffee and found grounds in the basket and old coffee in the pot, that grossed me out.

Last inspection for personal belongings, as my wife and I always do, we looked under the bed. Wow!!!!! Bad move. My lovely delicate wife found a rotting orange (mold and all) and cheetos(insert dry heaves).

Monterey for $72 is good but be prepared for something to throw you a curveball, maybe even a slider.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Howard H
Patricia S, Guest Relations Manager at Monterey Beach Dunes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Dear Howard H,

We sincerely apologize for the lack of cleanliness you experienced while a guest with us. Please be assured that we will address this issue with the staff in hopes to detour this from happening in the future. We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us and we are pleased to read that our location met your expectations.

Patricia, CSM