Monterey Beach Dunes Inn
$279
Sanctuary
Laguna Lodge(Marina)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this location before we decided to switch hotels. The rooms are clean but very outdated! I felt like I was staying at a motel 6. The price for such a room is outrageous and we got a much better deal at the Holiday Inn. In addition the breakfast was mediocre and the hot tub was luke warm. Otherwise if you want to be close to the beach the location is good.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently stayed here and I left my Ipad in the room, when I went back it was gone! I spent most of the next morning talking with the manager and filing a police report. The manager, as well as 3 other employees said there was only one other person in that room and that was housekeeping. They called the housekeeper and she said she had not seen it. Manager said that was all they could do. I notified Choice hotels and they said it was independently owned and could not help. I received a letter from the company owning this particular hotel and they said they checked their 'coded" keys and said it was used once by me and once by housekeeping. They said I am very sorry for your inconvenience but there is nothing further we can do. They didn't even have the decency to call me to discuss this matter. So much for standing by your guests! I would not feel safe staying somewhere who does not protect and stand by their guests. I have always stayed there while in Monterey but from now on I will staying next door at the Best Western, better service, rooms and breakfast!

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Best Western!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank terlyn3
Reviewed January 5, 2013

For the past few years this has been the location I chose which is in between home and work. But recently the staff and management changes made have really hit home and left me feeling like I wanted to share my experience. This place is convenient, guest friendly and comfortable. I'm away from home on business as much as I'm not so it's important to be at ease where I can relax. Much thanks to everyone involved

Room Tip: Walk to the beach
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a good location for a quick getaway for peace and quiet. My room was at the top floor with great views. King size bed with clean sheets. Very quiet and peaceful Great staff very friendly and helpful. Nice relaxing spa and Nice breakfast room. Great location, walking distance to the beach and a great restaurant with full bar.....

Room Tip: choose a top floor room for the nice view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here one day before Christmas eve, and the location is amazing. There's no better deal walking distance to the ocean. The rooms were clean, the service was excellent and the spa was amazing.

• Stayed: December 2012