“Don't Bother”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Siam Reap Cambodia
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

As we pulled up our hearts sank!! It looks very rough from the outside and teh rooms inside are not much better. Floor had stains the bathroom was in need of a lot of work. The laundry room was in a dirty section of the ground floor of hotel. Stayed on 3rd level. Ice machine on 1st level. Dirty ouside staircase. Room was very small. This was 19/20 motel/hotel in USA this trip and it was one of the worst. Also very expensive compared to a lot of others. The view from teh balcony was another motel on teh dunes. This blocked the sea but you could hear it when it was quite at night.
Did have a hot pool. This was big enough for a couple of people to sit in.

Room Tip: Book a palce in Carmel instead
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Colin C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I FOUND SOMEONE ELSES UNDERWEAR IN MY BED which means the sheets were not changed. It means I laid where someone elses naked body was. There was Mold on the shower curtain. They gave us a new room and the shower didn't work properly. We went in e next morning to speak with a manager and she just stood there nodding saying "mmhhmm" I got no sorry or anything. RIDICULOUS!!! The breakfast had no fruit. The lady came in to check the breakfast stock and seen that things were empty, but didn't fill anything. The towels were the thinnest possible. They should rent this place by the hour if you know what I mean.

I felt like she didn't take us seriously because we are a younger couple.

Just ridiculous.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Renee R

Travelers are raving about these Marina hotels

Perth, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Once again I have been dissapointed by the promise of a good stay based on the name QUALITY INN. The breakfast room is a disaster, much too small with overflow seating under the breezeway connecting buildings. I could not get out of there quick enough. The usual wall unit air con unit was noisy and had to shut it off to be able to sleep.
The location was ok for our needs, with a restaurant within easy walking distance.Would not likely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CDL2011
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

To the point-cleanliness lacking, rooms not vacuumed daily, one member of our group turned down her bed at night to find hairs and other detritus. Obviously sheets were not changed. No excuse for this.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Fornelli
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 19, 2012

(I am writing this based on my husband's experiences.) My husband often stays in this area for business and the first two times he stayed at this hotel, he said the front desk folks were not very helpful but the location is good for his business so he thought he would give them another try. However he stayed here again last night (9/18/12) and he definitely will not be back!!

He was very exhausted after working 40 hours in past 3 days so he said he was fast asleep and sleeping very deeply when the front desk called him at 1am to say that his neighbors were complaining that he was making too much noise. He told them that was impossible since he was asleep and that maybe they should send someone down to check out the area before waking customers up in the middle of the night. He said he got up because he now could hear some noise and disturbance and found there was a party going on in the hallway outside his room.

Then I tried to call my husband's room at 5:30am this morning (9/19/12) because his cellphone was shut off and I needed to make sure he woke up in time for work. I called the hotel and let the phone ring 20 times but no one ever answered. I rechecked the phone number and waited 15 minutes and I called the hotel again. Once again I let the phone ring at least 20 times but no one ever answered the phone. God forbid I had a family emergency. What hotel chain does not have a desk clerk that works the night or early morning shift???

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michelle M
Clearlake, California
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We called ahead and booked two night on an off weekend ( sept 8 and 9 ) We used the Quality Inn Website!!! To book and paid extra to get a room on the top floor. We arrived at 6 PM checked in and got a second floor not a 3rd floor room. We were told that there were no 3rd floor rooms available. And that there was no refund because we book with a 3rd party!!! We took the room because we were tired. We left the room at 7 am the next morning not even 20 cars in the parking lot nor was there 20 at 9:30 PM when we check in ... PLenty of !@#$%^& rooms.

Next day rooms is not cleaned they made the bed and left towels. When we called after a long day they said there was nothig they could do. I had to go get cups so we could have water to drink from the office. When Iasked for the manager I got no name or a number to call!!!
STAY AWAY the Monterrey Pennisula is a ripoff all summer but ths is really the Worst yet!!!

Room Tip: rooms at another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobs512
Antioch, California
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The customer service is awful. The rooms are nasty. The beds are sunken-in in the center. Shady looking people hanging around. Do not waste your money. I have been at Motel 6's that are way better. They try to make you think there hotel is in Monterey but it is far from there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kobe G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina
Ramada Marina
Ramada Marina
#4 of 9 in Marina

Been to Monterey Beach Dunes Inn? Share your experiences!