“Pass It Up”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Smithfield, North Carolina
“Pass It Up”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Do yourself a favor and keep driving. The room shown is NOT the room we got. Walk In closets are bigger. We thought we would make the best of it , get a good nights sleep and catch up on some laundry that accumulated on our 14 day vacation. Didn't happen. The washer and dryer should have been replaced 10 years ago. Massive amounts of hair were found in my bed. Apologies and new linen were given but it should have never been an issue. Never again.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank treveler12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
prospect ny
Reviewed April 3, 2011

have stayed here for years starting in april 2005, the managers,past and present,david, then aaron have been great. best hot tub ever been in, quiet, across from lovely dunes, and what used to be a.j. spurs, now is kula ranch. nice place, if i could, i'd live in one of the suites...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank victorProspectNy
California
Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend trip to that area for the AT&T Pro/Am and some leisure time. Skeptical about the two star "rating" I booked the weekend anyways for the price, as of everything else in town had extreme inflated prices due to the tournament. Immediately as of checking in the front desk clerk, (starts with a H, Herim?) was extremely welcoming and helpful to find a great local restaurant (which Kula Lodge across the street--AMAZING and fun atmosphere, btw).
Our room was very clean, I even enjoyed a long, relaxing, bath; something I usually stray away from in some hotel bathtubs. The breakfast was decent. lots of carbs! but that's usually what I expect from complimentary hotel breakfasts.
Overall, we had a great stay. The staff was accommodating and warm. Locals & location, perfect. And comfortably clean. we'd stay here again :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teefay
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Didn't stay here very long as it was part of a longer drive down the Big Sur coast. Got in about 9pm and left around 8am the next morning. But the staff was very nice and courteous. Check in was quick, as was check out also. We stayed in a corner room which was a little odd. There are two doors to get in. One leads to a small foyer where two rooms meet. Thought it was a little odd but it didn't bother us much. The place was very quiet overnight. The location is perfect for those who like the beach. There is a state park/beach literally right around the corner and in the morning there were several surfers out there along with people just sitting along the beach. The hotel is also close to services such as gas, restaurants and even a Walmart that was very clean and efficient should you need anything.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank darylwi
California
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I will admit I like hotels a little on the fancier side. we stayed here because our friends were getting married at the restaurant across the street. In terms of cost, I couldn't have asked for a better deal. I only paid $49 a night before taxes...but I feel the room wouldn't have been worth much more. While location was great and near the ocean there was a lot of noise from other guests. The bed left both my boyfriend and I with sore backs. The water pressure in the shower was low, so took a long time to rinse shampoo from my hair. The TV was hit and miss with whether the channel came through completely, and when we turned on the light in the vanity area the TV would be very staticy. The room itself appeared clean though, and overall appeared safe. Like I said for the amount we paid was worth it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TSKCalifornia
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I usually try to look at the positive in each trip, and I can't blame the Inn for every horrible thing that happened - but all in all this was the worst hotel stay I've ever experienced. Check in was at 3pm. We got there at 5, we got our card keys, but they wouldn't work. After someone broke in through the window, we were able to put our things inside (took an hour). At night, I was awakened at 2, 4, and 5 am because people were partying right outside our window (sounded like they were inside). Most people stayed away from the breakfast room once they saw how crowded and dirty it was. Until they make major changes, don't go!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank RainySeason13

Travelers are raving about these Marina hotels

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Moto GP weekend. I understand that because we go every year..but this time we had to hold off and booked late. My son booked at the Pacific Hotel (last minute) for a beautiful suite for $191.00....and for $240.00 we got this!! The smallest room you can imagine. This is a motel 6 value. Period. Hard bed. Linens pulled up to reveal less then adequate mattress pad. Pillows? You;re kidding me! You need two in a case to make up one! Towels? Bring yours from home....and IF you feel comfortable enough to take off your shoes...put your used towels on the carpet to walk on! The weekend is expected to be noisy..so that was ok. Limited parking, that too was ok....I sat in the chair and nearly fell thru to the floor. The room smelled as well....not that beach smell....odor! Breakfast was no better surprise. We absolutely, unequivocably do not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank heritagegal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina
Ramada Marina
Ramada Marina
#4 of 9 in Marina

Been to Monterey Beach Dunes Inn? Share your experiences!