1,057 results
All reviewsocean frontgolf cartdeluxe roomgas fireplaceonsite restaurantwet barcomplimentary bottle of winetwo sinkssound of the wavesprivate beachturn down servicesand dunesthe pacific oceanlarge bathroomadirondack chairsromantic getawaytime share
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed at this resort in May and was very happy with the accommodations. I was initially a little scared after all of the reviews but I read if you get a suite you will be happy. I have to agree 100% that is the only way to go at this hotel. I booked a suite with an oceanfront view for the weekend and loved it. The extra money you pay for the suite will be well worth it. The view from the room (as long as you get a suite) is great. The beach is very peaceful, quite and great for walks. The golf carts are a fun and a unique experience. There is a short drive to downtown Monterey Bay but there is no traffic so it's not an issue. The only thing I didn't like was the bed which the staff said they would be upgrading.

Room Tip: Be sure to pay more to get a suite
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagementSBR, Guest Relations Manager at Sanctuary Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Thank you very much for leaving us your comments. I agree with what you said about the suites being very beautiful but I wanted to provide some clarification if I could. The resort was designed and built so that the “ocean front” and “ocean view” rooms boast spectacular views of the sea whether you are in a Jr. Suite (the one you are referring to) or Deluxe (a smaller, single-king-only room option). This means that paying the extra money for a Jr. Suite will get you a larger room indeed but the same view can be seen from the smaller room as well. Thanks again, and I hope we see you back at the resort soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a fantastic place to stay when visiting the Monterey area. Only minutes from both the towns of Monterey and Carmel. Service is 2nd to none. The rooms are extremely comfortable.
Decent restaurant on site.
The views from our room (Beach front) were spectacular). The beach and dunes are incredible.

Room Tip: Each room recieves a golf cart to travel from the parking lot to your room. We made several trips unloading the car and loading the golf cart. Note....no microwave.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed staying at the resort. The beachfront rooms are always a great choice. It is worth noting though, microwaves certainly are available upon request. We hope to see you again soon! Please contact us directly when you are ready to return so we can find the right room and price for you!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Sort of an off beat location...folks at reception were nice...but let me know there was pretty much no chance of getting my room before 4pm. End of story. Okay..I get it...but REALLY?? Room was underwhelming...looked old and it really showed in the bathroom. For the price I paid, I expected a whole lot more. Weather there is only warm/sunny a few days a year and in the low 70's on a "hot" day...gathered this from picking the brain of the bellhop that ran me to my room on a golfcart. Each room has it's own golfcart..thank goodness. You have to park down by the reception building and HAVE to take a cart to your room...no cars allowed. Overall, unimpressed. Wouldn't go back. Paid too much for too little. Had a nice time...but that was due to the company I was with.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review. We are always looking for comprehensive feedback on our guest's experience and we utilize the constructive criticisms to improve the product we are providing. Thanks again for your input.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I had 2 nights to spend in between trips and wanted a quiet and romantic beach getaway that woudln't blow the bank. We thought we were lucky to find this place, but it really wasn't what we had hoped for. The customer service was great but our bungalow was the bottom of two floors and the entire time we were there we could hear the people above us-and their kids who got up at the crack of dawn. When i called to see if we could switch rooms they informed us it was completely booked and there was nothing they could do. We had massages which were nice but it's not much of a spa center, you just show up, get your treatment and leave but they were great massages. Really the main problem was the noise, i would never recommend it or go back there and i think it's a matter of getting what you paid for-we thought we were getting a good deal and really we just paid for a mediocre place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about the resort. I regret to hear that we were not able to provide you with a different room as requested.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Actually, we've stayed here 3 times over past decade, and it was only foggy this last time. A pity, since the ocean view is fabulous. This place has an amazing location on the beach near Monterey (maybe 10 min down the road). Rooms are in small 2 story buildings scattered around the grounds, 2 rooms per floor. Usually we stay in a junior suite, which has a little living area with couch, table and off chairs. This time we got the last room in the place on a whim. A deluxe room, it still had the one Monterey essential...a fireplace! Plus two comfy chairs, a great bed & a complimentary bottle of wine. All we needed for an anniversary celebration!

Since it was handicap accessible, bathroom wasn't too exciting. Seem to remember ones in suites were very nice. Linens nice, robes provided, and gotta love the golf cart you get to drive around the grounds.

Terrific for romance, but we've done the family thing here too. No restaurant on site (hawaiian steak house next door but didn't go). It is 10-15 min to Monterey proper which can be good or bad depending on why you're going. If you want a beautiful beach and cozy spot to return to, this is it.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thanks for leaving a great review about your third stay with us. We appreciate your continued business with the resort and value your input about the property. I certainly hope to see you for another visit whenever you make it back to the area.