“Football Night”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Reservation Road
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Since it was football night and they had $2.00 appetizers we chose to sit in the lounge. The service was great and we tried every appy on the menu and called it dinner. In the past we have eaten in the restaurant and the food and service was very good. We would definitely return if we were in the area again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the on-site restaurant for the Marina Sanctuary Resort motel in Marina, and keeping in line with the quality of the Marina Sanctuary, we have Kula Ranch Restaurant. I don't know where to begin. Overall, it's a nice try. Steaks were very good; the sides were shameful. Warmed up leftover refried beans with leftover broccoli? What is that called? They boast a twice-baked potato, which was dry and frankly, tasteless. My impression is that they really did not do enough research and put in any hard work to make this a reasonable place to eat. Just like the motel it sits next to. They both missed.

1  Thank rggKaneohe
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live in Marina, so it's nice to have a classy restaurant like the Kula Ranch within walking distance on a warm Friday or Saturday evening. The servers are always pleasant, the sushi is perfect, and the view is tremendous! Say hi to Joe, he's the owner and a very nice guy. Thanks!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed at the Sanctuary Beach Resort over a weekend for a family of 25 reunion. I must say the best thing about this restaurant is its location. There MIGHT be 2 or 3 other places that can handle a large group in Marina and we sure did NOT want to drive into Monterey and back again. As others have noted, the service was kind of iffy and the food was rated great to mediocre by various family members, but mostly good. As far as the service. I think the staff was just spread too thin to handle what appeared to be a packed house. Once we got our food, we literally never saw our waiter again until it was time to pay . Personally, I had sushi for an appetizer which was very good and fresh . My nephew had calamari for an appetizer which was out of this world! I also had fish tacos that were very good. My son had a steak which he said was very tasty and cooked just right. I want to say the manager, Mohamed, went out of his way to accommodate us all. He was very professional and answered my emails and phone calls promptly and courteously. He provided us w/ a separate room, at no charge. We got separate checks as needed which many places just simply will not do. The atmosphere was fun and lively but not too noisy. A musician came into our room and serenaded my baby niece for at least 15 minutes, which we all just loved. I absolutely could not find anywhere in Marina or even Monterey that could serve breakfast to our crowd at 10:00 AM on a Sunday. Mohamed to the rescue! He very kindly offered to open the restaurant Sunday morning and provided a delicious buffet breakfast to my family of 25. Again, no charge for the private room. Everyone loved the food which is a good thing since I personally chose the menu items from a list provided by the restaurant. It was not cheap, but what is these days? Just the convenience of being able to drive our golf carts from the resort to the restaurant and have one last meal together before everyone checked out and went their separate ways was , as the commercial says, "PRICELESS!"

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We visited twice for dinner; it was a convenient walk from our hotel room. The dinner menu has good options and the food is great. We found the service to be a little slow and the staff seemed to be very busy. But we still enjoyed our drinks and meals.