“Interesting and lovely twist to some "old" dishes”
Review of Kula Ranch Island Steakhouse - CLOSED

Kula Ranch Island Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Reservation Road
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Group of 5, planned ahead for specific booth but somehow it was taken. They put us in the private room area where we could see the ocean in the distance. Quite lovely.

Nachos on the menu were excellent but with a Hawaiian twist that made them very interesting. Mahi mahi served on sticky rice----also excellent. Everything everyone had was very pleasing. Huge and good mai tais.

Can get busy in the bar. Outdoor seating is lovely (w/fire pit) but can be breezy.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I enjoyed this restaurant located in the Sanctuary Beach Resort. The food was great, service was excellent and the atmosphere was very nice.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Wished we had retained out reservation at Tarpy's . This place tries to do too much and does not pull anything off well. Service was rushed and cold. Appetizer was slopped together as was the food. Everything tasted as if it had been frozen and probably was. Take a short drive to much better options in nearby areas

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I sat at the bar and was half way received. I was basically ignored by the grumpy sushi guy and the bar tender was too busy stocking to pay me any attention. Once I finally ordered my dish was terrible. I had the calamari strip appetizer. It tasted like deep fried fish instead of calamari and it had a texture I could not identify, it looked like calamari but that was about it. When I was done with what I was going to consume, the bar tender took my plate then left me alone again, no offer of my check, no offer of desert, no nothing. She went to the back for more stock. I had to ask for my check. I officially give up on this restaurant. There are so many other places to dine in Marina,try Dishes instead and leave this one alone unless all you want to do is drink.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was the closest spot to our lodging in the Marina Dunes. This place was busy enough and the food was ok, but we waited a long time to be seated and served. The wait staff was literally RUNNING around the dining trying to get guests served and settled. Watching them work so hard made me tired. Did not match my mellow beachside mood. Could not wait to get dinner over so I could relax. If you're in a party group mood, go for it. Next time I'm getting carryout from another place to enjoy on my hotel balcony overlooking the waves.