“Take a drive and avoid this mess”
Review of Kula Ranch Island Steakhouse - CLOSED

Kula Ranch Island Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Reservation Road
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Wished we had retained out reservation at Tarpy's . This place tries to do too much and does not pull anything off well. Service was rushed and cold. Appetizer was slopped together as was the food. Everything tasted as if it had been frozen and probably was. Take a short drive to much better options in nearby areas

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I sat at the bar and was half way received. I was basically ignored by the grumpy sushi guy and the bar tender was too busy stocking to pay me any attention. Once I finally ordered my dish was terrible. I had the calamari strip appetizer. It tasted like deep fried fish instead of calamari and it had a texture I could not identify, it looked like calamari but that was about it. When I was done with what I was going to consume, the bar tender took my plate then left me alone again, no offer of my check, no offer of desert, no nothing. She went to the back for more stock. I had to ask for my check. I officially give up on this restaurant. There are so many other places to dine in Marina,try Dishes instead and leave this one alone unless all you want to do is drink.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was the closest spot to our lodging in the Marina Dunes. This place was busy enough and the food was ok, but we waited a long time to be seated and served. The wait staff was literally RUNNING around the dining trying to get guests served and settled. Watching them work so hard made me tired. Did not match my mellow beachside mood. Could not wait to get dinner over so I could relax. If you're in a party group mood, go for it. Next time I'm getting carryout from another place to enjoy on my hotel balcony overlooking the waves.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Very convenient restaurant attached to the Sanctuary Resort and can be ordered as room service also- food was good, portions huge as always in the US. Found the restaurant to be more of a sports bar with TV's on most walls and raised seating to allow clear views. Our waiter was great, however the lady at front of house was awful- she was rude, blaming us for not being able to find our reservation and clueless when it came to the relationship with the hotel and how to settle bill- Ruined the evening for us and we departed as soon as we had finished our food as she seemed to like to stare at us throughout- very odd!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went to this restaurant twice while we were staying at the hotel. The first night the bartender was by himself and he was waiting on the bar AND the restaurant. We were impressed with his service, even though he was so insanely busy. We only had a light dinner that first time, and it was fine. The second night my husband got the Steak and I got a salad with some sushi. My meal was okay but his steak didn't even look like a real steak, and his exact words were "that was gross". Since they say Steakhouse in the title of the restaurant, it's tough to give a glowing review.
I think some of the items on the menu are probably a better choice. If you go during happy hour, just be prepared to wait (it's very busy).