“Disappointment”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Manteca
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Disappointment”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

When we arrived I was greeted by an argument with the desk clerk who said I couldn't sign in because the reservation was in my husbands name. This has never happened to me at any other establishment. When we drove around to find our room we were greeted with piles of sinks taking up the parking spaces in front of our room. The next morning when I went to take a shower, the shampoo and condition was half used. Additionally, dust from the top of the ledge of the tile fell into the tub. The ceiling fan also dropped dust. The bedspreads were grease stained.
When I brought this to the attention of the manager, he offered to switch our rooms. We were upgraded to a suite - (not suite by any other hotel standards - two beds and two tbs separated by a half wall). As I walked in there was a beer bottle cap in the middle of the floor, and the lamp had no light bulb in it. Never again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Trushilk, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you, Deb H, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I apologize that you had such a negative experience while staying at our hotel. We were mid renovation during your stay which was why there was a pile of sinks in the parking lot. We have since removed the pile of sinks and have almost completed our guest room renovation completely. We have also been doing additional training with our staff to ensure our guests are getting clean working rooms as well as great service from all of our staff members. I hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to serve you next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Southern California
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed at this place every time we went up North to Oregon. Over the years, we have seen this place going down hill and this visit takes the cake.

To begin with, when we got there, there was no room for us and was told that we had to wait. So we went across the street to get some Mexican food and that was ok, even though we were not terribly happy. Then everything went down hill from there.

When we got the room, we were placed right in the middle of the remodeling. After driving 6, 7 hours, I wanted to take a nap, but the hammering and drilling was so bad that I could not fall asleep. On top of that, I got quite a few flea bites (Wonder when was last time they washed the linens.) The room faces the parking lot, where there were about six huge trash bins right across the parking lot from the room, and there were flies flying around. Every time we opened the door, we got flies in our room.

The lights in the room are controlled by the motion detectors. Every time we sat still watching TV or sat at desk for a while, the light went off. The worst part is that the bathroom light is also controlled by the motion detector and cannot really detect the motion when the shower curtain is closed. The light went off in the middle of my shower and I had to get out of the shower in the dark to turn it back on, which is a safety hazard.

The room is supposed to be non-smoking, and yet there's a ash tray right outside of our room and our next door neighbor was smoking right there, and we could smell the cigarette smoke in our room.

The breakfast was not so great either. While they were the usual complimentary breakfast items, the pastries were stale.

When we checked out the next morning, my husband mentioned the noises and the front desk staff did not seem to care. I did complete the company survey that was sent to me and did receive an apology email and offered me a 50% off for next visit. I replied the email to ask if I could get 50% refund for this visit instead, since I do not believe that it was worth of what I paid, but I never received an answer.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
Green Features: I did not see anything that was environmentally-friendly.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, floatingsoul, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I apologize that your stay was not enjoyable. I do understand how a hotel going through renovations can be upsetting to guests. We only work during day hours to provide a quiet hotel for our guests at night. The bins you were referring to in the parking lot were actually storage bins containing new furniture; we have one dump trailer that contains all of the trash from the remodel that is hauled off to the dump very frequently. We are renovating our hotel so we can provide a good product for our guests. I hope that you will consider giving us another shot in the future once our renovations are complete. The discount you were offered on a future stay still stands and I hope that you will be willing to use it.

Travelers are raving about these Manteca hotels

Torrance, California
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We have been at this Best Western Plus hotel two difference times. The hotel did not meet our needs. The first time the hotel bathrooms were being updated and handicap room was right in the middle of it. The second time at check in our handicap room was not available and we given a standard room which did not fit our needs. We had to accept the room. The staff did the best they could.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you, Carlos R, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I am sorry that we were unable to provide you with a good experience the two times you stayed. Our accessible rooms have since been completed. I hope you will be willing to give us another shot on your next trip to our area.
folsom, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Good value for the money. Hotel staff is quick and professional. Close to all the things you need in the Manteca area, food, shopping etc..... Price is better then the competition and you get virtually the same product.

2 Thank James W
Thank you, James W, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel met all of your needs. I hope you will stay with us again if you return to the area.
Carmel, California
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is being remodeled . We stayed in a room with newer items so it did not look bad at all. However, vacuum the room and sweep the bathroom floors. Cleaning staff could control that . That's why the 2 star. Breakfast is typical scramble eggs, waffle machine, cereals and some links . It's fine for being free. Hotel is by the freeway but I am not going to complain , when I booked it I saw it on the map. I have no reason to complain about the noise. If management cleaned up rooms, finished remodeling it could be a 3 star with road noise hotel. It's in their hands .

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you, Ramsin G, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us where we need to improve. Guest feedback is our most important training tool. We have been doing additional training with our staff and I hope you will be willing to give us another try if you return to our area.
Silver Springs, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Easy to get to from Hwy 99. This hotel breakfast has mini self cook waffles. During our stay the hotel was under going some renovations, so if staying in the may be some noise during the day. Very restful at night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you, Jon F, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I am glad our hotel met your needs and you enjoyed the waffles. I hope you will stay with us again on any future trips to our area.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

When we arrived without a reservation we were warmly received. Much too our surprise we got a queen suite which gave us larger room, 2 TV's, a refrigerator freezer, High speed internet, all for an excellent rate. We liked the mattress. Had a great night's sleep. The staff were all very friendly and helpful when we couldn't connect to the internet at first. The breakfast had hot and delicious. We had a great time!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank 794elizabethr
Trushilk, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you, 794elizabethr, for your great review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I was pleased to read that everything about your stay was enjoyable for you. I hope that you will stay with us again if you return to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteca
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#5 of 5 in Manteca
La Quinta Inn & Suites Manteca - Ripon
Best Western Palm Court Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop

Been to Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!