“The food is okay, the service average, the salsa bar...Great!”

Taqueria La Estrella
Ranked #3 of 170 Restaurants in Manteca
Cuisines: Mexican
Tucson, Arizona
“The food is okay, the service average, the salsa bar...Great!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I entered Taqueria La Estrella expecting amazing food after reading the reviews here. I needed to go to Bass Pro Shops and made the short detour to try it out. Upon entering, I was greeted by a very nice young lady who took my order for the 'Wet Burrito' for me and the 'Flour Quesadilla with Carne' for my wife. Settling down with a cold beer we waited a fairly short amount of time for our meals. The main issue was that the carne was WAY overcooked. I took my wife's out to ask for them to re-cook it, however there was such a crowd, we knew it would be forever to get it back. My burrito being 'Wet' turned out to be a blessing as we were both able to get the meat semi-soft again and then we used quantities of salsa to help in the effort. Would we go back? Probably. But next time, not right at the lunch hour and maybe that time to try the seafood.

• Visited July 2013

Houston, Texas
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The food is good and the salsa bar had a lot of variety and is always fully stocked. They have your typical Mexican foods and seafood. I personally liked the fresh fruit juices they make!

• Visited June 2013
Manteca, California
“THE best tostada mixta!! Seafood tostada”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to La Estrella for 12 years now. No one makes a better tostada mixta. Octopus fish shrimp avocado mixed with pico de gallo. You must try it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Charlene U
exeter, ca
“Love Mexican Food?”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

If you like Mexican food this place is for you! Best salsa bar I have ever seen! Go out of my way to eat here. Friendly service too.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank fieldrep
Manteca, California
“Better experience at Main St. location”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Had another coupon (buy 1/get 1 free) & we wanted to try the newest location at Louise/Main St.

We ordered the carnitas torta $5.95 & chicken burrito combo meal $6.99.
*Torta was delicious, large (only ate half), could've used more meat.
*Ck burrito was huge, as compared to other burrito combo meals, & only ate half. This was a better value as you get one item for $6.99 & this was much bigger than a single taco.

The salsa bar was clean & had a good variety. Still complain that the salsa cups are too small. Also, so many of these Mexican restaurants use these horrible napkins that you need about 10.

This is the old Long John Sliver's, set up is still the same, but updated & nicely decorated. The atmosphere at this location was more comfortable/spacious, there were 2 tv's with music videos playing, but access to location is kind of limited in/out. This location has a drive-thru too.

Service was much better at this location. They had a constant flow of customers & cleaned tables quickly.
Still prefer La Playa for atmosphere and value, but this is a good place too.

• Visited December 2012