“Great breakfast close to the Manhattan Beach!”
Review of North End Caffe

North End Caffe
Ranked #27 of 194 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We are from Phoenix, AZ and stayed in Manhattan Beach this past weekend. We found North End Cafe on the Triple D website and decided to stop in for breakfast before heading down south to Huntington and Laguna. It's conveniently located off Highland and Rosecrans. It's just a tiny place with about 6 tables inside and 6 outside. We arrived around 9am on Saturday, which was perfect timing as it started to get busy around 9:30am.

I liked that this wasn't a run-of-the-mill breakfast cafe. The food was a bit different. Like the Juanita had eggs, salsa, guac, bacon, potatoes (with some kind of delicious sauce) served with fresh corn tortillas. Very tasty! We also had the Zachary breakfast sandwich....to die for. It was a baguette with fried egg, brie, bacon and raspberry jam. The portions were huge!

We decided to eat outside and during our meal former Arizona Cardinals quarterback, Matt Lienart, walked right by us! Everyone here was very friendly. Although it's more of a serve yourself type of restaurant their employees were very attentive and always checking on us, even outside.

Very well worth it, don't miss out!!!

1  Thank Jettsta

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went there because we saw it on the Food Network Triple D show and was not disappointed. You can't go wrong with any of the pastas!

1  Thank lovetoshop56
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Excellent sandwiches with good service and great location.
Lunch was great with varied menu. A definite stop in manhattan beach.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch - No matter what you have or when you go; you'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality of this comfortable local spot!
We've been there dozens of times and it's always great!
Chances are you'll want to bring home some leftovers, as the portions are quite good.
Great atmosphere & definitely for "foodies"!

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I knew I would be visiting this little restaurant while on vacation in California after seeing it on Triple D... I was not disappointed!

We tried the Monte Cristo egg rolls which were amazing and HUGE! Fried fresh, and served with a fantastic creamy dipping sauce. It was a great start to the meal.

I ordered the carbonara that was also featured on the show and it was great! The fresh pasta was cooked to perfection, and again the portion was large. I was able to share it with my kids (3 and 4) and still take some back to the hotel.

My husband ordered a burger and fries...I didn't try it, but he said it was tasty.

The place is small and really cute...we just beat the lunch rush and were able to get a table for 4 with no problem. I also noticed a lot of people doing pick up or take out orders :)

I will definitely be back to this place on our next trip to the la area :)

1  Thank ChristinaK2011