“Awesome greek food”
Review of petros

petros
Reserve with OpenTable
petros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 191 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our Menu is a combination of the best ingredients that Hellenic and Californian cuisine have to offer. Quality, simplicity, healthy and tasty food is the creation of the combination
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome greek food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had peperia dip which was incredible. The shrimp sagnaki was delicious but too rich for one person to eat alone. My wife really liked the gyro. Some of the best string fries around. The Petros Horiatiki salad was fresh and simple. The next table had a watermelon salad that made my mouth water. The rack of lamb looked wonderful, but couldn't help notice how greasy the calamari appeared. Overall, everything was very tasty and made from quality ingredients. The salad was a little pricey for what you get. The wine prices are a bit on the high side. I wish I had ordered more of the Aggouri instead of switching to greek wine. The service was friendly and the food came quickly, however anything from the bar seemed to come slowly. Then again, this was a drinking crowd - every table has its share of glasses and bottles. Their patio is perfect for a weekend lunch with plenty of people watching in the courtyard of the Metlox complex. We will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2013

Fort Worth, Texas
“If you Love garlic...this is the place for you!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We sat outdoors and took in the breeze coming off the ocean after an afternoon at the spa. This place was just right! Istarted with Tzatziki dip and my friends enjoyed Horiatiki salads. Although blasted with garlic...the tzatziki was delish and the pita was grilled to perfection. For our entres, I had the Chicken Spaghetti. It again was blasted with garlic...but was wonderful. The feta coated the pasta and the whole thing rocked my world. A friend ordered the Calamari...she enjoyed it but stated she would order the oregano sauce on the side next time. Another friend (local) enjoyed the Octopus and confessed she had tried to mimic their recipe at home with no luck! Overall this was a great experience...and we all left reaking of garlic sure to keep vampires away for days!

• Visited February 2013
Boonton, New Jersey
“OPA!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best Greek restaurant in Manhattan Beach! Food was delicious and authentic, the service was polite and courteous.

Visited November 2012
Helena, Montana
“OK food, odd service”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Though the restaurant was mostly empty when we arrived, the hostess wanted to seat us so close to another couple that our chairs would be touching. When we asked for another table, she left us standing there to "go check," then offered us a small banquet. (The restaurant was never more than half full when we were there.). Even more bizarre, our waitress took our orders without mentioning any daily specials; we only learned of those when she recounted a long list of specials to another table nearby. After I had ordered a spinach and shrimp risotto from the menu, though, she did come back to the table to say that there was also a saffron risotto available that night in case I was interested and wanted to change my order. I stayed with the spinach risotto, and my husband ordered stuffed shrimp on pasta. Both dishes were attractively presented and flavorful. I must add a word about the small portion of hummus with bread brought when we were first seated. Hummous, like art, can be a matter of personal taste. That said, I've lived in the Middle East, eaten hummous all over the world, and made my own from several recipes. For me, this hummous had way too much garlic. All of the silky sensuousness of hummous was lost.

Hermosa Beach, CA
“Nice but nothing extraordinary”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Good " Greek " food , but not very authentic .
It is more like " Greek " light , more directed at a tourist crowd , but then again it is in a very touristy area.

• Visited October 2012