“Didn't get what We paid for!”

The Sea View Inn at the Beach
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
New York City, New York
“Didn't get what We paid for!”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

My family and I stayed in the Penthouse Suite Room 505. The location is breath taking something my family will always remember. The room was nice but very warn. The first issue I had was that the patio door would not lock. I called the office and explained what the issue was. They told me I was in a safe neighborhood and someone would fix it tomorrow. I called back later that night to advise them that the microwave did not work, they asked me "if I knew how to use a microwave and maybe it was the power setting". I explained that I owned the same microwave, and I knew how to use it. They replayed they would fix both issues the next day. We stayed there for four days and asked them to fix the issues. No one ever fixed the issues we had with the room. We picked this place to stay because of the full kitchen they say they have so that we could keep cost down by cooking there and not eating out. When I checked out and brought up these issues again they said they would address these issues. I asked them why they did not fix these issues when we were guest? There was no reply. If they reply this rewiew is untrue, I will be happy to post the video I took showing these issues to youtube.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
seaviewinn, Manager at The Sea View Inn at the Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2010
Regarding your statements...the microwave, sometimes people do not look at the temperature settings not realizing on High or Low. Seeing the microwave wasn't working to it's potential, the next day purchased a NEW microwave for the guest, adjusted the latch on the private deck sliding door as requested as well.
Upon checking out, guest said their food spoiled and wanted to be compensated. I asked guest why their food spoiled, the gentleman remarked he unplugged it. My response...why should I be responsible for his doing and why did he unplug this to begin. Mentioned the cooling fan all refrigerator have was loud. After call a appliance repair technician, he stated nothing was wrong or out of the normal just higher quality refrigerator have less noticeable cooling fans than others. Apartments rentals, hotels will buy the economical and homes normally buy the higher end.

Not to much more to say...

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed July 6, 2010

For me, kindness and politeness are key ingredients to good customer service. Being a restaurant server and bartender in the service industry myself, I know how difficult it can be pleasing the patron. That being said, when it comes to true compassion and caring service, the staff at The Sea View Inn are second to none!
I had booked two nights at The Sea View Inn and was looking forward to an exciting weekend with my dear friend, whom we’ll call the “Groom”, and his closest mates. Unfortunately, “life happened” as it often does when you’ve made other plans, and many of the parties involved had to pull out the strategically planned adventure at the last minute. The General Manager, James, was kind in taking care of me and helping me make this weekend work! He was considerate and thoughtful, listened to my needs, and saw to it that they were met. I have the utmost respect for The Sea View Inn and their establishment and I recommend them as the #1 place in which to stay in the greater Los Angeles Area!
From now on my family and friends, when visiting LA, will be staying at The Sea View Inn in Manhattan Beach.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank scootermaury
santa rosa, ca
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We had a girls trip that included two nights at the Sea View Inn. We loved it. Had a penthouse with a gorgeous view. We arrived a little early but our room was ready and they checked us right in. They had bikes that we borrowed and rode along the beach path. Pizza place across the street was great as was the North End Cafe, don't miss that for breakfast or lunch. It's a little over a block to the beach. It was a perfect, relaxing getaway. Would most certainly come back.

Stayed June 2010
1 Thank goneandback
seaviewinn, Manager at The Sea View Inn at the Beach, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Glad to hear we could be a part of your girls weekend "get-a-way". Sounds like you had a great weekend retreat. Hope to see you all again soon,
James

Thank you again for your review!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 21, 2010

First off the loaction was great, close to the beach. Nice views! Plus shops and restaurants just a few steps away. The staff was outstanding, very accomodating. Loved that they have bikes, beach chairs and towels for you to use, all included.

We will be back... no need to look elsewhere!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Enjoyed56
I always get a BIG smile on my face reading reviews posted by guest how we made their time away from home a memorable and enjoyable experience to California.
Hope to see you again soon,
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Our stay at the Sea View Inn was so nice. Being my birthday, we could'nt have picked a better place. First of all, the staff were kind and pleasent, which is what I look for first. Our ocean view room was cute and intimate, we loved it. Close to restaurants, cafes, bars and of course, the beach. The Sea View Inn will definitely be our spot. Debra & Patrick

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.
Took a peek at your photo's and loved them!
Have a great Summer and hope to see you again in the future.
Boulder, CO
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I just happened on The Sea View Inn at the Beach in Manhattan Beach after a particularly grueling trip. I really needed a relaxing experience and couldn't have asked for anything better. The staff was so friendly, letting us use the parking lot and beach chairs before our check-in time. The room and beds were top notch, the views amazing and just a quick walk to one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever visited.
This will be a place I will return to again and again. I can't say enough good things about it!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
seaviewinn, GM at The Sea View Inn at the Beach, responded to this review, March 28, 2010
Thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon.
Very best,
Monterey Bay, California
Reviewed March 24, 2010

This Inn is in a PERFECT location, it's cozy, comfortable and the staff are very accommodating--has everything you need with a variety of room types.
Great for individuals, couples and families. Multiple good restaurants close by; it's
AT the beach. Parking is adequate and free. We always book in advance to assure a reservation-it's a popular place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your review!
Hope to see you again soon,
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
Manhattan Beach Marriott
Manhattan Beach Marriott
#6 of 9 in Manhattan Beach

Been to The Sea View Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!