“Great family time at the Sea View Inn with Teens”

The Sea View Inn at the Beach
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My family of 4 teens, husband & I just stayed at the Sea View Inn. We attended a wedding in Utah & needed beachtime before heading back to the MidWest. We had a fabulous time. The Penthouse Suite, where we stayed was just the right environment for our family to bond and relax. We had a great view of the beach and the location of the property is great. It sits in a thriving neighborhood with a range of restaurants, shops, services and grocery nearby. This is a perfect location for families with Teens who wants easy access to a nice beach. I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay for the budget that I have. It's so much better than getting two hotel rooms. The Inn lets you borrow bikes, boogie boards, beach towels, beach chairs. There's parking provided. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and front office manager James was welcoming & very accommodating. I liked that there is a kitchen so we can cook some mornings. The airport is also closeby. If we're ever going back to LA, this is the place where I'd want to stay once more.

Room Tip: If you're bringing a family, choose the Penthouse Suite or the Executive rooms. Or ask for a ro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marechiel
There are newer reviews for The Sea View Inn at the Beach

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sea View Inn for all 6 nights of our Manhattan Beach trip. We cannot possibly say enough good things about the hotel! The location is 2nd to none, rooms are fairly priced (we had a standard, ocean view room at $150/night), free parking, friendly staff, and the rooms in our building were newly rennovated.

We hope to be back in the area around New Year's. We will be staying here again if we are. We had a great stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend getting an ocean view room. We did. The views from our room were spectacu...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kamhout20
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights this past weekend and enjoyed our stay. Reading some of the reviews we were concerned but really wanted to say close to the beach. I'm so glad we did. The room we were in was upgraded, I guess just a month ago, and looked fabulous, we never lost our room key and the front desk ever so helpful. Thanks for the use of the beach bikes. Loved cruising around.

With the rooms renovated, now is the time to stay - lol. I will be back in August for longer I hope!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This was our second stay at the Sea View. I tried to do the online reservation - the website states you'll get a call back, and I didn't after a week, so I then called the front desk myself. The guy on the phone was helpful, and even had our names from when we stayed the last time, 5 years earlier!
Check-in was easy. We were then brought to our room which was in the back overlooking the pool. My husband wasn't comfortable with the fact that the door to the room was in kind of an alley, and there were no locks on the windows (hey, we're from Brooklyn and we had our kid with us!) He just wasn't feeling all that safe (though the inside of the room was fine) so he went back to the front desk and they easily switched us to a room in the other building. He even went with my hubby to all of the available rooms and let him have his pick! The front desk guy (I wish I remembered his name!) even helped us move our bags. The room was a major upgrade as it was a 1 bedroom apartment - the previous room was one with 2 queen beds. There was a small cleanliness issue - some of the towels in the new room looked dirty, but we notified a staff member the next morning and they came right away to change the towels.
It does seem to be a little pricey for what it is, basically an upgraded motel, but honestly, you can't beat the location (right on the beach!), free bike rental, free beach chairs and umbrellas (these were a little worse for the wear) and a free bucket of toys for the kid to take to the beach...did I mention the beach is right down the hill? There's a mini-mart right across the street, so if you do get a room with a kitchen (which ours had) you can stock up on food if you'll be there for a while. The staff is really nice, and incredibly helpful, and had good recommendations for places to eat/things to do. Next time we're in Cali we're staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank schpidah
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed a total of four nights in late April at the Sea View Inn in Manhattan Beach. If you like Manhattan Beach and the Strand, it would be hard to find a better location. But the best part was the staff.

The owner, Hal, was there overseeing some rennovations, and he was absolutely delightful, as were Jim, James, Brandon and Jimmy. A really wonderful team -- very friendly, very helpful. The room we were in, which they describe as a luxury room, was spacious with a balcony that had an ocean view, a gas fireplace, refrigerator, microwave, etc.

We had a delightful stay. And don't miss out on the bakery right next door. Best cookies in the world.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry S
Reviewed May 4, 2012

...with the reviewer who found himself locked out of his room at 11:00 pm and the totally unsympathetic response of the staff. During a recent stay my husband and I had problems with not one, but two rooms at the Sea View, and found the staff to be equally uninterested in our perspective. As the response from the hotel owner demonstrates, the staff is defensive beyond belief. How they have stayed in business is beyond me when there are so many other good places in the South Bay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Daryl F
seaviewinn, Manager at The Sea View Inn at the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

In response to this review, we treat all our guest as family and nothing more as 90%+ of our reviews state.
There are things as locking yourself our of your room, breaking appliances in your room, or other such things, we are not responsible for and the guest should take responsibility for.
Upon your stay with us, you had complained that your reserved room had no ocean view, when you didn't want to pay the extra fee for that, but we upgraded you to an ocean view room at no extra charge. Then that room had no balcony(which we were sold out) and wanted us to upgrade this guest again and move an existing guest who is paying for that type of room to a basic room. We do not do that and will not treat our guest like that. We always give our guest the type of room they reserve and never treat our guest as you wanted us to do.
Our returning clientele is well over 50% which speak for itself.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We rented 2 bedroom apartment (#508) for $300.
It is very nice and bright apartment. There is a partial ocean view from the balcony and from one of the bedrooms.
We stayed there with our parents and had a great time.

We checked out free bicycles and did a bike ride (they also have free beach chairs and towels).

Two bedroom apartment has a fully equipped kitchen so it very convenient to cook dinner and breakfast without having to go out.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
#6 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to The Sea View Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!