All reviews full kitchen living room the penthouse fire pit yogurt busy street each morning the breakfast area complimentary breakfast santa monica sitting area flat screen la area short drive happy hour social hour target
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019

Individual buildings. Some buildings have 8 hotel rooms on 2 levels. All stairs and rooms are outside. The staff are extremely nice. Our room was on the 1st floor, and had 1 queen bed and had a kitchen. Upon check in we had an issue with the thermometer in the room. Front desk called and sent maintenance within 15 minutes were in to replace the unit. Great breakfasts. They have glassed walls entertainment areas that can be reserved around the pool.

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in the Residence inn for 2 nights at the beginning of April and it was a great hotel!! I love the townhouse feel the hotel has. The room was nice and spacious with a kitchen and living room area. The room was also very clean. The breakfast buffet had tons of options (probably the best hotel breakfast I’ve ever had) my favorite was the little mango smoothies! I would have definitely stayed here a third night if it wasn’t fully booked. I will definitely stay here again if I’m in the Manhattan Beach area.

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Old, worn out, dingy sheets. Bare minimal effort given to comfort. I went to make out the sofa bed, after a long day of visiting the LA sites, and found a blanket, pillow and 3 crumpled pillow cases in the bag of bedding. It took a two attempts by the staff to get a full set of sheets and again what I was given was old and dingy. Crawled into my bed to find old, dingy sheets that have seen too many nights and washings. I have to admit, it raises the question of cleanliness. Won’t be staying at a Residence Inn again for fear that this is the quality that can be expected in this product. Too many other choices out there.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

I have been staying at this hotel for as long as two weeks for the past 7 years twice a year. I love the location as I enjoy hiking to the beach and taking walks on The Strand in the mornings. The mix nights are fun. The staff is extremely friendly and will give you immediate help.. when asked. The new renovation is a much needed improvement. But it seems they lack attention to detail in the guest rooms. My most recent 7 night visit included having to ask for conditioner and bath wash refills after they were empty for several days while I waited for someone to notice. No one did, so I asked for refills. The bottles were left in the room but I could not figure out how to install in the new and very handy fixture for them. We received one hand soap the entire time, one body lotion the entire time. Had to ask twice for toilet paper and twice for dishwasher detergent. I waited until 4pm twice for the room to be cleaned and it wasn't cleaned until we asked. I wasn't even sure if they had cleaning staff on Sunday. I emptied the desk wastebasket every single day. However, they may be understaffed, especially on weekends. But again, the staff is very friendly and responds quickly to remedy any problems. I will stay at this hotel again and again because of its location to the beach and family, and the fact it only charges $10 a day parking (it used to be free), but I always hope it will be better managed.

Room tip: Ask for lower floor because no elevators and you have to carry luggage up stairs. Duplexes (great for families) are on second floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

I am just blown away by the facility, service, amenities and people at this Manhattan Beach location!
I travel weekly for work, and I'm usually a very loyal Hilton traveler. However, I chose this Marriott location because my family was with me this week and the location and rooms were a better fit for us.
Wow... I'm so glad I did!

First off, the staff is amazing. Johnny and Jordan at the front desk are so kind and helpful. The night shift manager was also so friendly and great. This is not common anymore at hotels, unfortunately.
The whole hotel is beautifully done, renovations are great, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the pool, fire pit areas, and fitness area are top notch! The only thing that would make it even better is a hot tub! Trip Advisor shows it has having one, but there isn’t. I was lucky enough to use my suite night awards and get a two story suite for the family, which was the most perfect room we have ever had, and we travel A LOT. I might never stay anywhere else again.

One other thing that puts this hotel over the edge for me is the happy hour. The food and drink selections are top shelf. Again, this is not common for my business travel. Many hotels skimp and have cheap wine and beer options, and horrible fried food or stale pizza. Every night was wonderful here. That is really something that gives it an edge over everyone else. I'm so impressed! The staff at happy hour and breakfast, again are just wonderful and so friendly and happy. I can't say enough about how wonderful our week here was!