“Relaxing Weekend”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Vista, California
“Relaxing Weekend”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My daughter, her friend, and I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott Manhattan Beach last weekend and had a wonderful time. Although the facilities are under some construction right now, it did not in any way detract from our experience. I selected this hotel based on both the amenities (having stayed at Residence Inn hotels previously) and location. My daughter had a concert at the Staples Center on Friday night (about 20 minutes away), and I had a beach volleyball tournament on Saturday at Manhattan Beach (about 1 mile away).

Everyone we encountered on staff was extremely friendly throughout our stay. The room looked to be newly renovated and was very fashionably appointed. The bed and bedding were very comfortable (believe me, much needed and welcomed after the tourney). I appreciated that the hotel offered a shuttle to the beach since the pool was under construction which was great for my daughter and her friend! The breakfast offering was very good (for hotel breakfast), and had many healthful options.

I suppose the only detractor was that it was a little difficult navigating out of the parking lot (very busy road and right turn only to exit), but it didn't really bother me and the front desk gave me a short-cut how to best double-back to get where I needed to go.

All in all, I couldn't have been happier with our accommodations and I really look forward to coming back. It was a great value and suited our needs perfectly!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear AlyssaD760,

On behalf of the entire team here at Residence Inn Manhattan Beach, I extend to you a sincere and genuine thank you. Our team takes great pride in providing service that gets noticed and we are truly glad that you took notice!

I am glad you, your daughter and her friend were able to take advantage of the services provided. As you mentioned, our property is under a bit of construction to build a brand new gatehouse (front desk, pool area, etc.) and is near completion; just a few weeks to go!

Thank you for noticing our recently renovated rooms; they were just completed in June of last year. I am delighted to learn you found our best truly comfortable; how did the tournament go? I hope you won!

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to our property, so pelase do not hesitate to contact us when looking for accomodations for your next trip, we always enjoy welcoming back old friends.

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I can't say enough great things about the staff and the property. Lots of choices for breakfast, clean comfortable rooms, awesome staff all the way around. I look forward to my next trip to Manhattan beach and highly recommend considering this hotel for the business traveler, perfect long term stay option!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Beth A.

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your most recent visit! We truly appreciate your kind words, it's what we strive for! We can't thank you enough!!! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, our gatehouse is in it's final stages of being complete, so hopefully you will be able to come and enjoy it sooner than later.

Princeton Junction, NJ
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was like staying in a townhouse community. Individual groups of two story buildings -- our section had the hot tub and we did not hear the people using it. We had the two bedroom loft. Newly decorated, nice kitchen, living room had a fireplace, but don't know if they supplied wood for it. Breakfast was better than most -- two waffle makers, yogurt, fruit, cereal, breads, eggs with changing sides. They even have a nice evening snack. Lasagna the night we arrived, next night hot dogs. Complementary beer and wine. The construction did not bother us at all -- couldn't use the pool, but it was too cold anyway. Only complaint -- my adult son was in the loft but there were no doors or walls so he had no privacy and said he could hear us even with our door closed.

Room Tip: no elevators so if that's an issue stay downstairs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear WWwalker,

Thank you so much for sharing your most recent experience with us on TA. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our penthouse suites are very popular, I'm certain you can see why! I'm glad you noticed our breakfast display, many of our valued guests like yourself, rave about it as well. If your travels bring you back to the area, please stop by and see us again! We would love for you to see our gatehouse, which is in it's final stages of being complete.

Fresno, California
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have no complaints at all about this hotel, they had some construction going on during our stay, but it did not affect us one bit. The room we beautiful and so clean and the added security in the evening was a big plus. The front desk staff was helpful and kind. I would definitely stay here again even the price couldn't be beat, and most important, it felt like home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We pride ourselves in offering a home-away-from-home feel and we are so thrilled to hear you experienced that! You’ll be pleased to know the renovation is on its last leg and we should be complete by the first part of May 2013. After the completion of the rooms renovation last summer, we are excited the current work on our Gatehouse are (breakfast, front and back office, fitness center, and laundry) will be equally impressive. On behalf of all of our charming staff, we thank you and look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel is old and not in a very good area, however, the rooms were very spacious. I could see how people might like this with the kitchenette and large living room, but we were not there to stay for a while, only 2 days. We had to leave our trip early due to a friend getting sick, and even though we purchased cancellation insurance it still took FOREVER with back and forth between the staff and website purchased through to finally get our credit back. We had an issue with the water not getting hot and that took over an hour to fix - when they should have just switched us rooms. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
First, please allow me to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us. We value all comments whether positive or negative as it helps us to improve. I’m sorry your stay was cut short and hope that your friend has recovered and is well. In addition to that, having to deal with the delayed process of a credit must have been frustrating. With 3rd party reservations, the procedures for changes differ and unfortunately, can be out of our controls. I apologize that we were not able to assist you in a prompt and efficient manner.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. All the service challenges are certainly fixable, so your comments are certainly appreciated. I hope you can return so as to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations and to experience our fully renovated hotel, which we have scheduled by the first week of May 2013. You are welcome to contact me directly so I can personally attend to your reservation.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Wonderful place to stay, quiet, never heard the airport traffic. Staff was excellent, recommend great places to eat, location great. No complaints. Breakfast had a good variety, didn't have the dinner that was offered 3 nights a week.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Nanadw
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Residence Inn during your recent trip to Manhattan Beach. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and that our associates took great care of you while you were here. We hope that next time you are in the area, you are able to stay with us again and enjoy our dinner hospitality hour. Every other Wednesday night is especially memorable as it’s our Karoake night. During the summer, you can enjoy one of our hospitality evenings at our poolside BBQ.
Thank you again for your kind comments and we hope to serve you again soon!

oxon
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here from New years day for a few days but it would have been nice to have been told in advance about the ongoing construction work - we may have stayed elsewhere if we had known - maybe this is why they don't say anything.... The fitness suite was a few machines set up in a guest suite, as was the laundry room. Breakfast was set up in a marquee outside but didn't seem to provide enough seating for the number of guests able to stay at the hotel and there was always a wait for hot food whilst we were here. The staff didn't seem to be able to replenish it quickly enough.The staff were all very polite, and although the hotel is close to the airport we did not notice any noise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach during the very exciting New Year’s festivities. We sincerely appreciate your review as it allows us to improve the service so memorable we pride ourselves in delivering. We apologize for any inconvenience our current construction may have caused. It may come as a surprise to find part of the hotel undergoing construction. In an effort to provide the top-notch quality, service and value the Marriott name represents, we are in the process of building a brand new Gatehouse which will be complete by the first week of May 2013. It will feature a modern and spacious dining area, an outdoor heated pool, fire pit, and a sports court. The structure will also feature a brand new fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment and a laundry facility for your convenience.
The number of guests we had the privilege of having stay with us during the holidays might have made for a huge impact during our complimentary breakfast hours. We apologize for the lack of food available to you and will definitely take your feedback into consideration during the next holiday season. Finally, should you wish to book another reservation at our hotel and wonder if we are still under construction, the online reservation booking page will show a “Note” alerting renovations in progress. Thank you so much once again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.