“Ok hotel, not impressed with the reception and bar staff.”

Manhattan Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
“Ok hotel, not impressed with the reception and bar staff.”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I try only to stay at Marriott hotels since I have Gold Elite status there. Upon check-in the front desk gave us a terrible room with a view of the roof and the air conditioning wasn't working properly. The front desk didn't explain my member benefits nor tell me where breakfast was or how to access the internet. I'm supposed to get a nice view room and on a higher floor with having Gold Status but I got neither at this hotel. We went to the bar and it took over 10 minutes for the bartender to ask for our drink order. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the location is only 3 miles from Manhatten Beach which is nice. I think if they had better customer service I'd give them a much better rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor or else you will have a view of the roof.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia A
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience. Our rewards members are valued guests and your loyalty to Marriott is greatly appreciated. We strive to ensure our Elite Members receive the best rooms available and our focus on service is paramount to our reputation as a Hotel. Our goal at the Manhattan Beach Marriott is to create an environment that is conducive to a productive and relaxing experience. We appreciate your honest feedback as it helps us to maintain and improve our guest experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York, NY
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was looking for a place to hole up overnight between flights, preferably away from the airport but still within easy driving distance. I booked a rate here that included a $50 dining credit. The location is in a jungle of strip malls and office parks, but is quiet and convenient to many restaurants. The room could have used updating. But the staff was really friendly and professional. Food at the restaurant was surprisingly good, and not the usual Marriott menu. I will be coming back.

Room Tip: The rooms are alike, but one side has a view of a golf course, and the other overlooks offices.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Manhattan Beach Marriott for your recent stay! We are very pleased to hear that you found our location near the airport convenient, enjoyed our restaurant, and that our friendly and professional staff exceeded your expectations. We take great pride in our guest services. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This hotel is amazing!!! My boyfirend and I travel to the Manhattan Beach area once a year, and this is the place that we always stay at! The staff in the bar is great; they always remember us by name which is impressive in itself, but they also always entertain and accomadate us! They are one of the main reasons that we continue to return. The hotel itself is updated and very clean and the views of the golf course are incredible! This hotel is one of kind!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that you continue to enjoy your experience at the Manhattan Beach Marriott! Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel, the views of the golf course, and our staff. We take great pride in our guest services and we are glad to hear that our staff members have made such a positive impression on you. We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
westminster,co
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel for it's Golf course checked out early for lack of amenities and high prices. When you pull up right away you are impressed with landscaping. They have a round about for Valet and parking garage. The problem I have is that you have to pay to park even as a guest which seems silly to me.
The lobby and reception is open with a nice lounge area and bar. Theres a set of stairs and if you go down them you'll find the restaurant. They were supposed to have a buffet that was included but for some odd reason they decided not to open it. They did serve food off there menu but I'm sorry I'm not paying 14.00$ for pancakes at a place that isn't Vegas. I find it insulting they think they can charge that kind of prices at a place like this. That was one of the reasons we checked out early. The property as a whole is amazing with a nice par 3 golf course and outdoor heated pool (which was warm) and small workout area. Our room was also nice (kinda small) but nice. Another reason we left early is you have to pay for WiFi per day. Again a place like this you shouldn't have to pay to park or WiFi. The one thing that would bring me back was the customer service. Every employee I came across was friendly and curtious. Jess she went above and beyond to help us. Even when I was checking out the lady at reception was overly friendly and took care of our parking fees and hooked me up with bonus miles. I do realize even though I didn't pay for parking or WiFi the fact they even charge you gets my goose. The awesome golf course and amazing service I would give them a second chance if I ever decided to play there course again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank willieb303
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our lobby area, golf course, and pool. It is wonderful to hear that our customer service exceeded your expectations and look forward to sharing your comments with our staff. We also appreciate your honest feedback on parking, breakfast, and WiFi. We will certainly pass your comments along to management, as your feedback is a priceless tool in helping us to maintain and improve our guest experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Johannesburg
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated in the ideal place for a layover of a few days. The general experience was very good, from the time you check in, to the restaurant and lounge area. Staff are friendly and they appear to be happy to serve they clientele.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Manhattan Beach Marriott! Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel location, the check-in process, our restaurant and lounge area, and our staff members! We are very proud of our guest services. Thank you writing a review and we hope to be able to serve you again in the future!
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel was definitely a 5 star establishment and was more of a country club golf stay. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. The views over the golf course were great, but no beach in sight. The weekend breakfast was good but not fantastic and evening meals were served in a sub standard area beside the noisy bar. It appeared the hotel wanted to sell drinks and not food. The food was reasonable but very expensive. The lobby was huge and looked expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking golf course
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Manhattan Beach Marriott! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and view of the golf course. We also appreciate your honest feedback on the weekend breakfast and dining area, which we will pass your comments along to management. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hotel is very nice more like business oriented. Arrival was great, Valets were very helpful. Surprised to see that they aren't part of Marriott. But they give such a great service. Unlike there bellmens. Valet was busy when I arrived but yet they managed to help me. I told them I wanted a bellmen. They said they would help, which was nice but you would expect Valet to take car of car not help with luggage, so I insisted on a bellmen. Bellmen came out 10 minutes after and was very rude. It seemed that he didn't want to help. But yet expected a gratitude, after that horrible service. I think its weird how you have staff that aren't Marriott give you a better service than Marriott's own employees. If bellmen treated me like this, I can imagine how other people got treated. And another issue is that wifi isn't free, usually wifi is free.

• Stayed December 2013
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Manhattan Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!