Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$255
$189
  • Pool
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$195
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$101
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$140
$136
Agoda.com
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Wave Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$113
Shade Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$429
$404
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Pool
Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
Hotels.com
All reviewsgolf coursethe concierge loungegolf viewbristol farmsbeautiful propertynice hotellobby barbusiness hotelexercise roomrestaurants within walking distancebusiness triphotel staffpool area isminute driveclose to the airportla areamarriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel was definitely a 5 star establishment and was more of a country club golf stay. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. The views over the golf course were great, but no beach in sight. The weekend breakfast was good but not fantastic and evening meals were served in a sub standard area beside the noisy bar. It appeared the hotel wanted to sell drinks and not food. The food was reasonable but very expensive. The lobby was huge and looked expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking golf course
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Manhattan Beach Marriott! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and view of the golf course. We also appreciate your honest feedback on the weekend breakfast and dining area, which we will pass your comments along to management. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hotel is very nice more like business oriented. Arrival was great, Valets were very helpful. Surprised to see that they aren't part of Marriott. But they give such a great service. Unlike there bellmens. Valet was busy when I arrived but yet they managed to help me. I told them I wanted a bellmen. They said they would help, which was nice but you would expect Valet to take car of car not help with luggage, so I insisted on a bellmen. Bellmen came out 10 minutes after and was very rude. It seemed that he didn't want to help. But yet expected a gratitude, after that horrible service. I think its weird how you have staff that aren't Marriott give you a better service than Marriott's own employees. If bellmen treated me like this, I can imagine how other people got treated. And another issue is that wifi isn't free, usually wifi is free.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank wrobert8701
TeamMarriott, Manager at Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Dear wrobert8701,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to know you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and we appreciate your kind remarks about our valet team. We always strive to provide a seamless experience for our guests and appreciate you letting us know where improvements can be made. Having said that, we would like to apologize for our associate's reception to your request. This is certainly not a reflection of how we treat our guests and apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can address this matter with our team to ensure the issues you experienced are not repeated. It was our pleasure to be of service, and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a more favorable impression on a future stay.

Stephanie Bauer

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is nice. The room was very nice and the hotel has a golf course behind it. The view overlooking the golf course is gorgeous. There are alot of restaurants in walking distance. The negatives were 1. You have to pay for parking 2. WiFi is not free ($12.95/day).

Jeff H, General Manager at Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Very happy to hear that you had a good stay at the Manhattan Beach Marriott! Looking forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Avoid this hotel. As a platinum member, I got the worst room. Imagine what they will do to a non platinum member. Room was super loud due to issue with kitchen ventilation near by. Manager promised 25000 points, but that never happened. Avoid this place at all cost.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nazmin A

Thank you for your candid response regarding the room type you were given on your last visit. As a Platinum Member your business is greatly valued and your loyalty is appreciated. I do apologize for the room that you were given on this particular visit. I would like to ensure that the points promised are applied to your account. If you could message me off-line with your full name and rewards number, I will take care of this immediately.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel was very disappointing. Upon arrival, the lobby seats were extremely dirty. The outside seating was also dirty. This hotel needs a remodel or to clean up that lobby area. The concierge was very knowledgable and helpful. I got the run around about the room, received a view of the parking lot instead of golf view room. Maybe they're savoring those rooms because the hotel didn't appear to be full. We kept getting different stories as to why no room with a view of the golf course. The staff seems to do a lot of standing around watching television on the lobby floor. The rooms were nothing special but clean. Good housekeeping service in the room. It's close to the airport but I expected better for the price. The food was fair (appetizers) but this hotel was quite disappointing.

I would not stay again. I would not recommend this hotel. I must give them a 1 rating.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon557

I truly value your feedback and appreciate the time you took to complete the review on your recent stay. I would like to know more about your stay so that I can have a better understanding of what occurred and will reach out to you off-line to discuss this further.