Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$255
$189
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$195
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Breakfast included
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$101
$98
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$140
$136
Agoda.com
Wave Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$150
$109
Shade Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$429
$404
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Pool
Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
All reviewsgolf coursethe concierge loungegolf viewbristol farmsbeautiful propertynice hotellobby barbusiness hotelexercise roomrestaurants within walking distancebusiness triphotel staffpool area isminute driveclose to the airportla areamarriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had a wonderful stay due to the excellent service I received from the staff. In this time where mediocrity prevails, I believe it is important to recognize Excellence. Danielle, Rolando & Glen Roy all in the Executive Lounge worked at warp speed to keep up with the deluge of guests coming & going on the weekend. I believe they do need an extra pair of hands. They do it all with a smile & reassurance that the guest's request will be met ASAP. Rafael, at the Front Desk expedited the refrigerator needed for medication as well as other needs. Deria Lucera of the housekeeping staff was special in that when I requested no service she immediately volunteered to find out what needed to be resupplied in my room. She reminded me that service would be available later if I changed my mind. She could have just accepted the opportunity to have one less room to clean but instead made herself available for an additional task. As guests it is important that we acknowledge the efforts of the staff if we wish to receive excellence in the future. It is also just a nice gesture to show appreciation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff H, General Manager at Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your heartfelt review. We are very proud of all the hard work from our wonderful staff, and I love to hear anecdotes from our guests who appreciate it as much as we do. Your compliments will not go unheard, and I hope we have another opportunity to impress you in the future. - Jeff

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hotel looks like it was recently renovated. Rooms are nice and clean and staff friendly. The hotel bar is lacking in ambiance as it is more an extension of the lobby. I really don't understand in this day and age and at this price point, why hotels still charge for wifi, especially when some of the lower brands of the Marriott chain provides it complimentary. It's also pretty pricey for location and given the fact that all other amenities are additional charges.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have better views with some greenery.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank trang h
Jeff H, General Manager at Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you were able to enjoy our free WiFi in the Lobby. We hope to see you again on a future trip to Los Angeles. - Jeff

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a one night business stopover in this area. The Hotel has seen better days, it was servicable for what it was. A 3+ star at best struggling to retain it former days of grandeur. I image it was a fantastic place place 20yrs ago. Lobby area nice, rooms dated and ordinary, Fine as a corporate stopover.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope you will return for another layover with us in the future. Safe travels. - Jeff

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Although we had Marriott platinum elite, we received no room upgrade and no refrigerator in room (and a lack of willingness from the front desk to help us find a way to refrigerate our food overnight). Also- the walls are not sound-proof so could hear the couple next door unfortunately. We were deciding between Manhattan Beach Marriott and Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel and wished we had stayed at the Renaissance.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyofFour2013
Jeff H, General Manager at Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we were not able to deliver the upgrades and amenities which you deserve. I will be sending you a private message so we can discuss this matter further.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I really like this Marriott. When I lived in Hermosa Beach my friends and I used to come to the lobby bar after work for drinks and the service was always wonderful. Returning as a guest now that I no longer live in the area, I still love the hotel for it's convenient location (close to tons of restaurants, shopping, and a short trip to beach), nice rooms (loved our golf course view) and again, the service. All the staff members that we interacted with were exceptional! My mom & I stayed here just one night in June and the front desk, bartender at the lobby bar and the valet were all wonderful, friendly, and accommodating. Cory at valet (although he said his title was "customer service..." something) was especially helpful, assisting us in jumping our rental car when the battery died-- thank you!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for coming back to visit us again. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will pass your compliments on to Cory. All of us at Marriott are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.