Along the Pacific Coast Highway lies this former Comfort Inn. The location is good for people, who want to stay near the ocean without paying a million bucks for it. The hotel itself is nothing special. It's a run down, old motel with heavy carpeting and outdated bathrooms. The central courtyard has a small, but nice pool area. We stayed in a lower level room behind the pool and it was very dark no matter what time of the day.
The hotel was selected due to its location near the beach. It served that purpose well – Manhattan Beach is not nearly as noisy as its southern neighbor, Hermosa Beach.
The continental breakfast served is basically useless. It might be continental – but there should at least be more than cereal and a dry donut.
Bonus info: This hotel is close to filming locations for Beverly Hills 90210
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Manhattan Beach, The Crimson Hotel is your ideal getaway on business or pleasure. We feature a 45 unit limited service hotel just over 1 mile walking distance from the Manhattan Beach Pier and 5 miles south from the LAX airport. Centrally located we are close to major los angeles and beach side attractions. Our rooms feature flat-screen TVs,cable tv, Free hi-speed WI-FI, Free underground garage parking, Complimentary continental breakfast as well as a heated pool and spa tub in the outdoor patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Crimson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach Comfort Inn