We stay at this boutique hotel very often. Our son, daughter-in-law, and two young grandchildren live across the street from the Belamar in Manhattan Beach, CA. The hotel is a short cab ride from LAX on the corner of Sepulveda and Valley. The entry way is around the corner from the main drag, so you're not getting out near the traffic. We know most of the the valet parking crew, and they greet us with handshakes and hugs, "how are you?," and "how long will you be here?". The people at the desk where you register say "welcome home" as we walk in making us feel happy and glad to be there after the long, tiring trip. We ask for a room with a porch that looks out on the inner court yard. The room is very nice and the bed is especially comfortable. The bathroon is good size, there's marble tile on the floor, and the fixtures are very nice and modern. There is a good size desk with chair and a wi-fi connection. There's a comfortable easy chair.There is a bath tub-shower combination and the water pressure is very strong. There are always plenty of cuddly towels. Outside, on the porch there are two teak chairs and a small teak table between the chairs. My wife loves to sit out here in the morning and read and make phone calls to the kids (I sleep later than she does).
There is a great restaurant in the hotel that serves a gourmet menu. My wife says the breakfasts are really good--I've never been up early enough to try it, but I do enjoy the lunches and dinners very much. There is service at the outdoor pool and room service till very late. The appretizers are great and on some days they are half price. We often swim at the pool which is off the courtyard and then jump into the heated jacuzzi to relax and enjoy the whirlpool The family joins us after the kids get out of school and on the weekends--then, if we don't have other plans, we'll go up to the restaurant and splurge on the appetizers for dinner. We all sit around and have a great time.
All the staff is very friendly and welcoming. The cleaning staff is always helpful and waits until you go out to clean the room even if that's a little later in the afternoon.
For a special treat, there is always some kind of flavored water in a big dispenser in the lobby, apples in the afternoon, and cookies or another type of sweet in the evening. We are always happy to arrive and sad to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Manhattan Village shopping and the best beaches in L.A., The Belamar is an ideal destination for fashionable getaways. Our lively, avant-garde destination melds retro style with modern comforts and our assortment of Manhattan Beach hotel deals offers the best value on accommodations, whether you are here to work or play. From seasonal getaways to romantic escapes to family adventures, there’s always a way to stay and save at The Belamar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Belamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach Larkspur Collection