“Perfect Location and Perfect Experience”
Review of The Belamar Hotel

The Belamar Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reviewed June 17, 2010

This is my second stay at the Belamar. Whenever I have business in the Los Angeles area I book a room here. You get so much more than a room: discreet and efficient staff, the most comfortable hotel bed I ever slept in, and close to the airport as well as beaches. I can depend on a quiet room and amenable staff ready to grant most any request. I especially liked using the fitness center and fresh fruit in the lobby. I can rely on this convenient and cosy boutique style hotel to deliver quality, good value and well-being whenever I stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 16, 2010

I have been traveling for business and pleasure in the US and Europe for 24 years. The Belamar is my favorite hotel ever visited. It is small, chic, and very, very cool. The icing on the cake is excellent music from the 60's and 70's playing in the hallways, lobby, and bar/restaurant. It's not too loud to be annoying; its just in the background. But it puts you in an excellent mood. The furniture is unique and sexy. The rooms are airy and large with small balconies. The beds clean and comfortable. And the staff at the front desk, serving breakfast and providing free valet parking are friendly, professional, helpful and fun. I reported an electrical power strip problem in my room. When I returned in the evening, there was a nice personal note on a card, in an envelope, from the maintenance man explaining what had been done and apologizing for the inconvenience. I need to return to the Belamar and bring my wife. My colleague from France who has traveled all over the world more than me, also said the Belamar is the best hotel he's ever visited.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2010

The staff at the hotel was fabulous & couldn't have been more accomodating! We had red eye flights, and were allowed checkout at 6:00 PM! Great bar, great room service & great boutique hotel! Close to the beach and fun bars / restaurants. Can't wait to come back!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2010

The Belamar Hotel was by far the BEST, the rooms look just like they do on the website, It was very clean. the staff treated me as though I was their family, NO complaints from me whatsoever. I will have to return there on my next stay, Everyone was super friendly. Jackson and Lefta at the front desk had the best customer services skills ever, Issam and Cassidy were the nicest vallet people I've ever experienced.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We had a really fun time here complementary bike rental easy ride to beach.Bed was very comfortable and clean.Staff was very friendly and attentive.can not wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We had to leave our townhouse for a few days because of the HOA wanted to do a fumigation for our appartment complex. My wife's aunt had stayed in this hotel when they came to visit us last time and they were very pleased. So, we decided to give them a try. From the time you give your car to a free valet, to the time you walk to the front desk, all you see is staff with big smile on their faces! :) they were fast to check us in and explained to us that they even had free DVD collection that you can watch in your own room. We also asked if they can bring a Pack and Play for my 6 months old son, and by the time i got to my room, the Pack and Play arrived. Very nice and clean (not one of those dirty and used up ones). We ordered food in the room once from the restaurant and it was delicious. They gave us 2 free breakfast buffet which was absoluty one of the best we have ever had... i live in the local area, so, me and my wife, will be coming back to have brunch or breakfast here for sure. The ambiance is fantastic with a very mild music like cafe delmar type which was very suiting. The bed was very clean and comfy with very nice sheets. the shower and bathroom (a bit small) but very nice. The shampoo and conditioner were one of those saloon type that my wife knows about and are very high quality. We had the courtyard view on the 3rd floor and it was very nice. Overall, the room was very quit with the exception of my boy which cried a few times and disturbed our piece!!? :) You would love this hotel, from friendly staff, food, accommodation, shower, ambiance and cleanliness... The price was even better... compare to what you get in the same area, they are REALLY CHEAP! The only complaint that i had (and you thought I am not going to write about this), is that calling the front desk or to order food from the room was a long process. There were multiple times that the phone would rang and rang and no one picked it up... but no worry, once you get through, they will take care of you.. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Warm and friendly greetings from the valet and service desk. Peace and quiet when relaxing in the lobby or your room. This boutique hotel is settled in a upscale area that has quick access to high end shopping and restaurants - all within walking distance. A running/walking trail is available about 100 feet from the hotel entrance that takes you directly to Manhattan Beach and its beautiful shops and dining. I run it each time I stay and its safe and well lit.

The hotel is quiet and serene with a beautiful courtyard to pass a quiet evening. The bar is well staffed and available for dining in or carry out.

I've stayed here with my children and alone and felt comfortable in both situations. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
#1 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!