All reviews second story valet parking record player nice boutique hotel valet staff whole foods close to the airport pool and hot tub early check definitely stay here again king bed minute drive la area courtyard lax retro sepulveda
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2019

Cozy courtyard and bright clean rooms. Close to restaurants and shopping. A short ride to the beach. Very friendly staff. Mandatory valet. Breakfast at hotel was ok, in my opinion nothing special. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: March 2019
michaelcC5066LG, Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2019

Dear Sharon L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Belamar. The entire staff takes pride in providing the best possible experience for our guests, so your feedback is welcome and appreciated.

I would love to make some suggestions from our brunch menu. I must believe you were not introduced to the Hash Bowl or the Huevos Rancheros. Or some of the other items that are outstanding. Please let me know next time you are here, and I will make sure you are satiated, and your expectations are exceeded.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed March 20, 2019

My two day stay at The Belamar was perfect! The room was fresh and modern with just the right amount of comfort... nice and easy coffee station in room, record player, beautiful bedding ...to name just a few amenities. Right outside the hotel is a walking path through Manhattan Beach that ends right at the beach - perfect exercise. Staff was particularly friendly and lobby was inviting. I stayed here decades ago when it was Barnaby's and the makeover into a beach vibe is amazing! I won't wait so long to come back next time!!!

Room tip: I did not opt for a garden view but instead faced west and I loved the sun streaming in!
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear 703bethe,

We are really pleased that you had a perfect stay! We appreciate you sharing the details with the Trip Advisor Community.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2019

The staff is especially friendly. The rooms are fresh with a beachy vibe. Hand knitted throws on the bed, and an old fashioned LP record player in the rooms. LPs are available at the front desk. I took out a Fleetwood Mac. Their restaurant is excellent. They are a bit of a distance from the shore but they are across the street from the MB shopping malls. I will stay again without question

Date of stay: December 2018

Dear thedofca,

It is great to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! The entire staff takes pride in providing the best possible experience for our guests and we appreciate the feedback.

We just added some more vinyl to the collection. It was about time we had some Queen with all the popularity of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie. Some other classics as well.

It is great to hear you enjoyed the culinary delights at the Second Story Restaurant. We are proud of the team!

We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I were in LA for a concert and did not want to make the long drive home afterward. Luckily, I found the Belamar Hotel for an overnight stay. Even though this was our first time there, I figured that it would be positive, since the Belamar is now owned by the Pacifica Hotel group. I have always experienced positive stays at their properties. The Belamar was a perfect match to our needs. The bed was so comfortable, and the room was very quiet and nicely decorated in a mid-century LA coastal style. I definitely recommend The Belamar and will book it again the next time I’m in the area.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
michaelcC5066LG, Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Dear EITeeSB,

It is great to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us! The entire staff takes pride in providing the best possible experience for our guests and we appreciate the feedback.

Hopefully you had a great night at either Bob Seger or Elton John! Just a guess!! We are happy to have been another positive experience with Pacifica Hotels. Our mission is to provide exceptional hospitality services and unique lodging products to you, our valued guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to any one of the Pacifica Properties!

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

3 day stay was wonderful, staff was great, room was clean and well decorated, great location. Nice hike through a beautiful neighborhood to the beach, restaurants, and bars.

Convenient location to whole foods, restaurants, and shops.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Alekspdx,

It is wonderful to know the location worked well and you enjoyed the green trail to the beach.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!