“Great for location within LA, fantastic service”
Review of The Belamar Hotel

The Belamar Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Coventry
“Great for location within LA, fantastic service”
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I've stayed in the Belamar several times this year on business and think it's a great choice for visiting LA, whatever your reason for being there. Comfortable beds in large, clean rooms, great showers (instant hot water in clean bathrooms), very friendly staff - from valet parking, through reception to restaurant. Location is great for beaches (a wood chip trail down to Manhattan beach), with convenient malls and restaurants in easy walking and good access back to the airport and the various interstates. I don't bother looking anywhere else now.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
seattle
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I love to travel. I travel for work and for play. And Ive been all around the world. This by far is the best overall hotel experience I have ever had. The price, the food , service, rooms, style...I could go on and on, but I think everyone has to experience this one to see for themselves! The only thing I needed they did not have was a microwave in my room. But all the other complimentary amenities made up for that!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I've stayed at more hotels than most over the years and the Belamar is at the top of my favorites list. The staff is friendly and attentive, the rooms clean and the beds are as comfortable as they get. The hotel's restaurant and bar are also really nice—my wife gives their lemon drops an A+. Add to the mix a nice pool, a small gym and free wifi and you've got the best place to stay in LA's South Bay. I've used several of the online hotel sites to find discounted rooms near LAX and they've always directed me towards (what they call 4 and 5 star) rat traps, you know, the kind of place where you're not surprised if you find remnants of a Kentucky Fried Chicken meal under the bed. For essentially the same rate as most of the big chain hotels in the area, the Belamar is a much better deal. Its location is also great, right at the edge of Manhattan Beach's Tree Section neighborhood, if you walk West, you're heading into a safe and pleasant beach community. If you walk East, you'll find loads of stores and restaurants at the Manhattan Beach Mall and along Rosecrans.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed November 5, 2009

We wanted a central location for our family and friends trip that was to include sightseeing, baseball game and beach. We stayed for 5 nights. Being skeptical at first when looking for a hotel in the Manhattan Beach area, we all enjoyed this hotel very much and were glad that we stayed here. We went with 4 adults and 2 teenage boys. We had 2 rooms that were very nice and both of ours were well maintained. Beds were very comfortable and we all had enough space in our rooms.
All the Staff was very helpful with anything that we asked or needed. We had a great time with them and they really made our trip more enjoyable too. Valet parking was not an issue at all for us, as we were on vacation and not in a hurry. I know that others have complained about this, but it was not an issue for us.
Only had breakfast in the on-site restaurant once, it was good and service was good.
Pool and patio area were very nice, especially during the evening when the boys swam and the adults were able to relax on the patio. Location was outstanding for our purposes.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Belamar and would most definitely stay there again. We all liked it very much and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jhaas132016
Manhattan Beach CA
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I've been a guest at the Belamar quite frequently over the past 4 years and have been welcomed and treated in a very professional and courteous manner. Never once have I had to contact a facility supervisor for complaint purposes. The Second Story restaurant has very good food, to include breakfast fare, pastries, and coffee. The restaurant staff is very cordial, professional, and friendly. I've never had to wait to have someone secure my car and have always been able to request a certain room for whatever purpose, i.e., view of the outdoor running trail, next to the workout room, by the elevators, etc. Quite an enjoyable experience each and every time I've visited Manhattan Beach, CA.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I used to live in this area (live in Chicago now) and remember when this hotel was Barnabey's. I was in Manhattan Beach for 2 days for an event and saw this hotel online. Prices were reasonable and the pictures and amenities looked great. What a delight when I entered the hotel! Free valet parking and the front desk staff was welcoming and friendly. I checked in early and my room was ready for me, very clean and spacious. The amenities in the bathroom were by L'Occitane, an excellent touch. Free wireless was available in your room, a plus. Beach is nearby and the hotel has bikes that you can use free of charge. Ordered room service, food was delivered quickly and was delicious. Overall an excellent, reasonable choice for a beach hotel. I will be back!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Like staying with family by the beach. The staff treats you like you've come home from a long journey. The rooms are clean, spacious, and very well decorated. The restaurant and bar is elegant and the food is excellent. The 24 hour valet parking is one of my favorites. Less than 5 mins to the beach, Hermosa Pier, and Redando Beach. Tons of shopping and nice restaurants near by. Maybe one of the best kept secrets in Cali. I've stayed here many times and never had a bad experience. Kudos!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
#1 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!