“Easy Manhattan Beach”
Review of The Belamar Hotel

The Belamar Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I love this hotel. The staff is great and the location could not be any better. You can walk to the mall and restaurants across the street. A new 'huge' shopping mega structure is going in a few blocks away. This is the hub of everything and downtown MB is a few miles away as well. This hotel has a lovely restaurant upstairs and really nice rooms as well. Try it!

Room Tip: Go upstairs near the restaurant.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here attending an event held at the hotel. It's location is pretty close to LAX and is tucked between a very busy intersection and an upscale neighborhood. It's a boutique style hotel and it's deco is modern vintage? The colors and surfaces are modern but the photographs are of vintage 50's Barbie type dolls, very cute. Rooms are comfy and clean. There is a little pool and a nice banquet area. They have bikes you can ride to the beach. Right across the street is a big mall with shops and restaurants. A little further down another shopping center with Anthro, Mac, container store, nordsrtoms. I would recommend this for a quick LA stopover... Wouldn't want to stay for a vacation though

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Andrea M, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Welcome Deniselbc562,

Thank you for your recent review and stay with the Belamar hotel in Manhattan Beach. We are so happy that you think we are cute and clean! What a fantastic review of us. Glad to hear you enjoyed nearby shopping and our brand new bikes that we rent by the hour or the day for all our guests. We appreciate the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I had two rooms, the first was dingy and gross and I didn’t like at all. The second was much better, overlooking the courtyard. The rooms were quiet and the service was very nice. They're in need of an update but not that bad. The amenities were fine. They shut the water off at noon, so I had brown water a few times which grossed me out, luckily they have free coffee in the lobby every morning...I didn’t trust the coffee maker. Over all, I’d stay again. The location is great, Manhattan Beach is a 30 minute stroll down the Wood Chip path that is right down the street.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for a room looking out to the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mont0307,

Thank you for your recent stay with the Belamar Hotel. We are sorry to hear that the first room was not satisfactory for your stay. Glad to hear we got you switched over to a better room that was more to your liking. My apologies that the first room was not up to your expectations and that we had a water shut off while you were in house. We performed a needed repair to the water line. I am sorry this impacted your stay with us. We do appreciate your visit and if there is anything I can personally do to make it up to you, please feel free to reach me at my contact information below. We wish to ensure your next visit is a better visit for you, glad to hear you enjoyed the Courtyard area and the trail that leads to the beach. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here while on business travel in the EL Segundo area. Nice little hide away hotel. The rooms were very clean. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Only has valet parking. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed there few years back and enjoyed every minute of it as we did on this trip. Staff was very friendly as always and great location and easy access for bike riding.Would stay there again and again. The pool is great and very clean

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Finland33,

Thank you for the return visit to the Belamar! We thank you for the excellent review and we are so glad to hear it was a great stay for you and that you enjoyed the pool. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Many thanks,

Reviewed June 15, 2014

OK. We have stayed over the years at the Belamar and always loved it. But they went through a big renovation and have new staff and honestly...we could just live there! And we nearly did. Nearly three weeks! My daughter and two pomeranians (dog friendly!) stopped there and couldn't leave. First of all, love the atmosphere. It has the hip, young, fun, light vibe in a great little boutique style hotel. They went for the retro look with a bowl of Hostess cakes at the check-in and old school candy in glass jars (whether you eat or buy these things, it is a fun old school visual!). There is a gas fireplace in the small, cozy lobby with comfy chairs to sit in. There is a large glass bottle of fruit infused water as well (different fruits daily) for visitors. THey have a darling courtyard that has loads of events in it...even when daily they did not really interfere in anyway in terms of walking out to the pool. etc. The pool is very nice...outdoors but enclosed on three sides and a partial roof. There is a terrific restaurant up stairs. But the staff is what makes it. Great vibe. Upbeat, mostly cheerful and they try hard to help with anything you might want...from bikes you can ride in to downtown Manhattan Beach to extra towels, etc. The new Manager, Andrea, is the best. She brings a terrific spirit and energy...efficient, good sense of humor, interested in guests' needs being met and very helpful. We not only thought she was great, but wanted to send big special thank you(s) to Jose and Ricky at the Front Desk for their daily cheery greetings and willingness to help, to Matt (Valet) for his never ending ability to make us laugh when entering and leaving the hotel and to (I hope I get this name right....) Leyna in Housekeeping. If I spelled that wrong (I can't find the paper I wrote it down on but hotel staff should track her down as I know that is close...ha) She was just great. We got to know them all through the long stay and she too went out of her way to provide anything we needed! THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH! On such a long road trip, it was great to park at the Hotel Belamar for a while. :) (Also, really nice Whole Foods literally just up the street, LAX is a few minutes, and Manahttan Beach to Redondo is lovely....you can walk on a lovely bark path from the hotel to the beach in about twenty minutes...I think the path is on an old train rail as very level) Best wishes and many happy thanks! Dakota and Allison, Annie & Remy!

Room Tip: The King rooms facing the courtyard have a really nice balcony...the balconies make those rooms feel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Andrea M, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Dakota and Allison (and Annie & Remy),

WOWZA! Thank you for your very kind review of the hotel and thank you for staying with us. We so enjoyed having you as our guest, we are so pleased to know that you all made it home safe and sound. (I keep feeling like I should be running into you! I am like where are those wonderful ladies and those adorable puppies!!??) Please come back and see us soon, enjoy home life for a little while, but come back and see us! We appreciate your kind words about the staff and the hotel. I truly look forward to seeing you again, we wish you all the best and thank you so much for your kind words about the team members that work here. I am really lucky to work with such a great group of people that care so much about our guests. I love this place and am glad you do too! If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

See you soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Ok to be fair we arrived at 1:30 am after a long day of business and basically left (the room) at 8 am. All I did was sleep.

My room was very nice and had all the amenities it should have for this type (rate) and location. We were checked in quickly by the front desk and he did a good job Bernard I think.

The hotel is very nice but for the price I do think there are some things that can and should be done better. The rooms have a musty kind of old smell to them I was in 140. Not sure if it is just me but again $330/ night things should be pretty tight. The dresser that the TV stood on had some damage that could easily be fixed if somebody noticed it (see picture)

Things l liked. 1. big mug for the in room coffee service, many times you get the little tiny coffee cups that don't hold much great idea 2. loved the fruit flavored water in the reception with the menu of flavors of the week. The lobby itself is very nice great touch with the fire place etc.

Again I am making a price to what you get for it (in other words VALUE) and $330.00 too me is to much for this room.

But ....

We rented a conference room for a meeting and Carlos ....changed out all of the tables as we wanted straight tables instead of round ones. He did this quickly and efficiently and continually offered to to change anything else we needed. He was extremely helpful and did it very cheerfully ! I hope my review gets to him via management !

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Diamondback818,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Belamar Hotel. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Hotel lobby, the coffee cups and the fruit water. Happy to hear that Carlos took great care of you during your conference, we are lucky to have a great team! We will be sure to commend his service efforts during your recent visit. We do want you to feel it is a good value for the price you pay however, our prices vary depending on booking date and time of year, my apologies that you felt we were not priced right. I am happy to help you secure a great rate for your next booking, please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure you get a rate that is more suitable for your next stay with us. We are running a great summer rate right now that includes a dining credit, complimentary parking and bike rentals included available for booking on our direct website. I appreciate your recent stay and review, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many thanks,

#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
#1 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!