“Hidden Gem”
Review of The Belamar Hotel

The Belamar Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Funny enough we selected this property because of the high TripAdvisor rating. From the moment we pulled up to the moment we left, this boutique hotel has gone back to basics with customer service. The review is bitter sweet because we want this to be the best kept secret in Manhattan Beach. They know the meaning of "please and thank you".

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Belamar Hotel

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Really enjoyed this delightful and cool hotel in Manhattan Beach CA. Great service, clean and vibrant. Would have preferred closer to the beach, but easy to get in and out of. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Larry L
Andrea M, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Larry L,

Wow, great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate a wonderful review like this, thank you for posting and we hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I really enjoyed my visit to The Belamar and recommend this hotel. I checked the reviews and pictures before booking. To my surprise, the room looked better in person than the pictures and it was bigger than I expected given the size and age of the hotel. The room décor was modern and the colors soothing, relaxing. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding and toiletries were the quality of a more expensive hotel yet this hotel is such a bargain. Speaking of bargain, some reviews say $10 for a valet is expensive. I have never been to a hotel in a big city and paid less than $20 for valet or self-parking. I think $10 is a steal.

Besides the room, I was impressed with the interior courtyard—so pretty—and the staff. During my stay I met Ricky, Fabian, and the manager, Andrea. All made me feel welcome by spending a few minutes talking to me at check-in and saying hi throughout my stay. Ricky even went out of his way to find me something after hours.

Location to LAX and Manhattan Beach can't be beat. The walking trail is well maintained and a straight shot to restaurants and shops in MB through a cute neighborhood. I will stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melanie M

Dear Smiley,

Thank you for yoru recent stay and review, I will be sure to thank my team for taking good care of you during you recent visit. We appreciate the lovely review.

Many thanks!

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

It was a hike from a lot of things.
The mall right next to the hotel really isnt safe so it makes it tough to walk around.
Its a nice mile walk to the manhattan beach which is a beautiful area.
The breakfast buffet and the free coffee in the lobby was great. I thought the staff was just ok nothing great..
I recommend to rent a car or use uber if you are staying in this area.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Dosamante,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Belamar. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the close proximity to the beach area, we are about a 20 min walk to the water and Manhattan Blvd where there is some great boutique shopping and dining options. We are so glad to hear it made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Impromptu visit to LA, this hotel greeted my vacation on the right note. Charming grounds, nice staff. The bed was great, the restaurant was excellent, reliably comforting place to stay. Also quiet and clean, are big +s in my book. Wish all 1st time visits went that well.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. My only complaints were the noise of my upstairs neighbors and the fact that the price of the room did not include breakfast. I'm sorry but at b almost 300 bucks a night a buffet should be included

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Andrea M, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Helen L,

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing the Belamar Hotel. We appreciate your feedback in relation to your stay experience. My apologies that the room was a bit noisy for you. We will be sure to address your concerns and we hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay perfect for you.

Andrea Murray
310.750.0302

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Arrived early (1:30 pm) on a Saturday from out of town. Understandably, they were unable to allow an early check in. Upon returning at 6:30 pm we were told that the last double room was not ready and would take 30 minutes to clean. As we had driven 2+ hours and spent 5 hours walking around we just wanted to clean up and get some dinner. They offered to comp us for breakfast the following morning, nice but we had plans for brunch. I asked a second time and was assured that no other double room available. After speaking to a manager we were put in a double room immediately. We like to support the smaller hotels, however, at 6:30 pm a room not being ready is unacceptable. The rooms are small, and being on the first floor, lots of noise. This hotel had a good rating on Trip Advisor, maybe we just had an unusually bad experience. Price was reasonable but not likely to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 3Turleys

Dear 3Turleys,

We appreciate your business and thank you so much for staying with us. I apologize for the room not being ready and the bed type not being correct for you. We will be sure to follow up with our team to assure we address room availability, as you should be able to get in without an issue. If there is anything I can do to make it up to you, please feel free to contact me at your leisure. We thank you for the feedback to improve our services, we hope to see you again.

Andrea Murray

#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
#1 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!