We arrived late on a Sunday night (1:00 am) delayed by a cross country flight from the east coast. As we arrived, we noticed two men in the small lobby wearing white t-shirts, baggy jeans; high-end basketball shoes, scanning cellphone and idling passing time, neither appeared to be guests at the hotel. As I proceeded to check in, I could see coming down the staircase that connected to the guest rooms, two women strutting in skimpy outfits, with heavy make-up, and super high heels. As they converged upon the two men waiting in the lobby, the women were straightening their clothing, fixing their hair and re-applying lipstick/make-up. The hotel valet brought a single black car to the front entrance, the two men and the two women quickly got in the car and left the premises. My kids, who were traveling with us, took it all in, not really sure what to make of it. From that point on I had a queasy feeling that this really wasn't a "family" hotel, or even a "proper" business hotel. As we gathered our luggage and walked to our assigned room, I noticed an ATM in the hallway next to the first set of room. I had never seen an ATM positioned in such a curious location, away from the lobby. Strange I thought. As we settled in for the night, in what was an adequate room, sleeping became quite difficult due to the banging noise we heard from the adjacent rooms surrounding ours. Not a good experience. Not staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Manhattan Village shopping and the best beaches in L.A., The Belamar is an ideal destination for fashionable getaways. Our lively, avant-garde destination melds retro style with modern comforts and our assortment of Manhattan Beach hotel deals offers the best value on accommodations, whether you are here to work or play. From seasonal getaways to romantic escapes to family adventures, there’s always a way to stay and save at The Belamar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Belamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach Larkspur Collection