The Belamar Hotel
  • Restaurant
Wave Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
View Hotel
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)
Shade Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssecond storyvalet parkingfruit infused waternice boutique hotelvalet staffresidential areamanhattan villagewhole foodsclose to the airportpool and hot tubhappy hourthe east coastenjoyed my staylos angelesbeach areaminute drivela area
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Hotel Belamar was really nice. First of all, with a late flight into L.A., the location is great, only about 10 minutes from the airport. Check-in was smooth, and all the staff, and I mean all the staff that we interacted with were great. They were all very friendly and helpful people - the housekeeping staff even greeted us. The room was pretty spacious (especially for L.A.), with a comfortable king bed, plenty of night table space, and a nice bathroom. Interesting if not a bit unusual paintings of, I think, female dolls (??) on the walls, but overall nice décor. And a good restaurant and good location. Very reasonable rate as well! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side (we did) when you book.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Norm S, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Scrimpets,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and posting such kind words about our staff and service. As you know, the Belamar is conveniently located just 3.5 miles from LAX and is a true hidden gem. I have shared your comments with our team, especially the housekeeping staff and they were very delighted to hear such positive feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to meeting up with you again soon. You’re Gonna Love it at the Belamar!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

A very nice hotel. Rooms are okay, not glamorous, but the lobby is chic, they have a nice pool and hot tub, and everyone is friendly. I was able to pick up the great walking trail and walk to 15th, turn right and walk down to the water. The strand is a lively place to walk, run and watch surfers. The bar and restaurant were friendly and the food was good. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LarryKra

Dear LarryKra,

The Belamar Hotel is just 1.5 miles from the beach and it sounds like you enjoyed the walk. There is a wood chip trail that takes you to the beach and boardwalk which is a great option if you choose not to rent our bikes. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for three nights, Thursday through Sunday. There was a bit of a mix up at check-in. The girl could only find a reservation for one night, not three, and kept insisting the hotel was booked up. After a few minutes of going around in circles, I was given a room for the three nights. The room was located on the first floor, just up the steps and around the corner from the check-in desk. If you are a light sleeper, this is not the area of the hotel you want to be in. It was a noisy place for the room to be located, what with people going to the elevators or just hanging out and talking. The noise machine app on my cell phone got a good workout. The room was of good size and the bed was comfortable. There are coffee and tea making supplies in the bathroom. A small refrigerator is located in the room. The outside patio area is very nice, but there wasn't enough time during my stay to enjoy it. The fitness center has one treadmill, one elliptical machine and one recumbent bike. There are free weights and a workout station. The breakfast buffet was excellent and included fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, bacon, sausage and also ice-water infused with fruit or herbs. The waitstaff at breakfast were friendly and professional. Orders for omelets, pancakes or waffles were taken table side. Breakfast was delicious and well worth the price. I would stay at this hotel again, but would get a room located on a higher floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Traveljunkie1978,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay, we were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we have passed on your compliments to our breakfast staff. Please let us know the next time you are in Manhattan Beach so we can help take care of your reservations details. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

First the negative: Sepulveda is a very long road, so make sure when locating this place, program Manhattan Beach and not LA into your GPS. My friend and I got lost looking for the hotel, and checked in almost 2 hours later than intended.

Other than that, service was excellent. The staff was helpful with directions and gave us a free breakfast voucher to make up for our late check in. Room was clean and well furnished. We wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear STWFANG,

We are glad you finally found us and that you enjoyed your stay. We are somewhat of a hidden gem in the neighborhood and are happy to hear our staff took great care of you. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I hosted a work conference at The Belamar Hotel and was blown away at the help and attentiveness I received from the staff. They did everything possible to make this day perfect for my participants. Shannel and the food service staff went above and beyond taking care of every little detail as quickly as possible. The in-door/out-door venue was beautiful and so nice to eat lunch outside after listening to presentations all morning. The food was so delicious! All the participants mentioned how great the food was. I highly recommend The Belamar and working with Shannel on any event you are having. It's a hidden gem in Manhattan Beach!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Traci-

Thank you for such kind words about our services here at the Belamar! I am so glad that your conference was a success and your participants were able to enjoy the courtyard. I have shared your comments with Shannel and the entire team who were very appreciative of your feedback and kind words. Thank you for allowing the Belamar to be part of your event and we look forward to seeing you again soon.