We travel to the LA rather frequently and stay in different neighborhoods. This time we were looking for a new spot close to our daughter in Manhattan Beach. While at first I was skeptical about staying at a property right off the busy Sepulveda Boulevard, upon arrival my concerns were quickly alleviated. What a nice job the hotel has done to make the hotel a lovely respite from the LA traffic and malls. We had a spacious room on the top floor with a small balcony overlooking the palm treed courtyard. Inside the room we did not hear any street noises nor did we hear any noise from other rooms. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens and the room immaculately clean. The bathroom, while not large, featured a marble counter top and a powerful shower. I also love when a property provides a coffee maker as The Belamar does.
Be sure to check out the first class restaurant housed in the hotel. Again I was skeptical about the restaurant's quality despite its number 1 ranking on Trip Advisor for Manhattan Beach restaurants. The first afternoon we were there we had appetizers and cocktails during the happy hour. Very creative and yummy dishes and tasty drinks as well as a good wine list. Breakfast did not disappoint either. We booked the room with the breakfast included (I'd recommend doing this). In addition to quite a large and varied buffet, breakfast comes with a freshly prepared entree. Ours were delicious.
Service at every level was high quality. The front desk sped us through check-in and check-out, the housekeeping staff we encountered were always pleasant, and the wait staff in the restaurant were attentive and friendly.
This hotel is a great value. I'd recommend this hotel to LAX travelers who want to be close to the airport but not in one of those cookie cutter high rise hotels right by the airport. I'd also encourage others who want to see more of the LA than just the usual tourist spots. Downtown Manhattan Beach, which is a very short drive away and walkable from the hotel down a winding path through a lovely residential area, is a charming beach community with one of the nicest and cleanest beaches you'll find in the Southern California area. And if you do want to wander to our parts of LA you are near major streets and the interstates that can get you there. We were easily able to access spots we wanted to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Manhattan Village shopping and the best beaches in L.A., The Belamar is an ideal destination for fashionable getaways. Our lively, avant-garde destination melds retro style with modern comforts and our assortment of Manhattan Beach hotel deals offers the best value on accommodations, whether you are here to work or play. From seasonal getaways to romantic escapes to family adventures, there’s always a way to stay and save at The Belamar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelPower, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Belamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach Larkspur Collection